Saunders - Roe SRA/1 AKA 'Squirt'

10 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Wow, I was impressed just looking at it, now I’m amazed!

Cheers Adrian. I'm more amazed at what your with your flying boat!

20191107-200651-1.jpg

First wave of decals on, just left with the centres to place after my return from Telford.

Stuart

• Like 9

Having suitably recovered from Telford, It's time to get back to the bench.

20191114-191209-1.jpg

Red decal centres applied. Starboard float attached. What I think is the 'Incidence Vane & Yaw Probe' fitted. I felt the kit version of this probe was fragile and over size, so a smaller scratch version was made from Albion Alloy tubing.

20191114-191321-1.jpg

Same here; decal centre in, float on and pitot tube fitted, again a scratch version using tubing.

Just waiting for the decals to dry before sealing them in and it should be about done.

Stuart

• Like 9

Well, I'm calling this done.

20191118-173236-1.jpg

Just got to stick it on its water base, then it's into the gallery.

I would've liked to do another but I have too many loose ends that need tying up before the end of 2019.

Thanks for looking in.

Stuart

• Like 15

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful work Stuart - it really looks the part and would look good against the real thing in Southampton

For a not really very practical aircraft given the speed of technology development at the time, it is a wonderful anachronism.  The original engines went on to do great work too with a certain Mr Campbell.

Super stuff

Take Care

Andrew

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm rummaging around in this group build and I find this one! What a superb job you've done on this one Stuart. I've made on Planet Models kit (the Italian Air Force SF-260) and although basically quite neat and correct in outline, it was a challenge.

Hats off to you for this one!

Terry

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

So I'm rummaging around in this group build

I thought I saw you sneaking around there. I did put this into the RFI too. And if you're interested, I've got a couple of 'ponies' in the P-51 STGB that I'll be starting soon.

Stuart

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 9/15/2019 at 12:23 PM, stevehnz said:

One that I'll be following Stuart, I saw the real thing at Solent Sky in Southampton some years ago, maybe I need to track done a Planet kit, I don't like my chances of ever seeing a plastic one.

Steve.

From three years in the future, what a lot of water has flowed under bridges in that time 😮 , I salute your effort here @Courageous Stuart, now I have a plastic one, ordered anyway & am looking forward to it. I'm no less enthusiastic about this aircraft than I was the day I first became aware of it. Pleased though now I didn't stump up for the Planet kit. :)

Steve.

• Like 1