1/48 Ju 52 3m "Flugbereitschaft"

2Step

I have not yet decided whether to close the roof permanently or leave it as is to look inside. Therefore there is still a visible gap and no antennae ...

It's one of the rare models I did not paint with brush but I used rattle cans (unfortunately, it shows at some spots)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking

• Like 37

@Andy

I waited many years with the build because I could not decide on the scheme. I like this one quite a bit, but as a German I was reflecting if it was crossing some borderline building an a/c that Göring used a lot. But the main thing was that I had no idea if I could pull off these curved lines over the corrugated material. It came out ok, but not perfect.

• Like 2

Ganz große Klasse (very, very good)!

My technique for the little flag would be to print it on very thin paper, both faces touching each other at the short side (spiegelverkehrt) and glue it around the pole. Just an idea I'd like to share...

Cheers, Michael

14 hours ago, 2Step said:

I like this one quite a bit, but as a German I was reflecting if it was crossing some borderline building an a/c that Göring used a lot. 

Lovely model and scene, and I'm pleased that you decided to build it despite your initial concerns. As far as I'm concerned, you have not crossed any lines.

@Toryu

Vielen Dank 😀

That's what I did to the flag. Normally I google for the appropriate flag (in this case the flag of Lw HQ) print it back and front and wrap it around a plastic piece or a thread. Sometimes I use MS Powerpoint tools to make the flag more realistic/used etc.

In this case, it actually looks better in reality than on the pics. Problem is that for such a small flag some details get lost in the print quality.

I actually like doing the research, sometimes you stumble over the most interesting pictures ...

Examples:

the all clear flag (Starterlaubnis) at the tower

spacer.png

national flag (and actually also the curtains in the window)

the nationspacer.pngal

or the danger flag at a truck

spacer.png

same trick also works great for carpets, curtains, magazines, newspapers towels sign posts etc .....  (the only problem is that most printer ink will fade after the years

spacer.png

• Like 3

@ Alpha Delta:

thanks for your support.:bye:

In the end: what is worse - an a/c that carried a Nazi bigwig - or planes that drop bombs? It is all historic, and either you decide on building models of that kind or you don't

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2Step said:

(the only problem is that most printer ink will fade after the years

Ah, thanks - it looked as if you had painted it by hand. Great, all these examples!

Against the fading problem: You may drop the printed flag, when around the pole, into acryl glue (or varnish), and it will also start to crumble like real. But yours look good anyway.

When you send a response with @ start printing the name after @ and a drop down menu with aliases appears to select the respective member like this @2Step Then I will get a notification which I didn't get in this instance.

Weiterhin viel Spaß, Michael

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...