As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
colbee2004

2020 Halifax Model Show

Tables and chairs all set up, first few traders and clubs setting up now. There's a bit of wind and rain but not too bad at the moment. Drive safe if you're coming in the morning.

There is a large carpark on Mulculture Road that is 5mins walk from the leisure centre, but doesn't appear on the map. I used this last year.

'Evening all.

So we are all set:

20200215_174419

We hear muttering have happened on-line to say that the Halifax show is off because of the weather. This is not so!

I don't have another parking update: the weather is pretty poor frankly and I think the car boot show is off and we all can park anywhere, but do please respect the signs...except the ones that say no parking 5am till 5pm, that is.

Please do note that we have NO CATERING. We think that the food-van of the car boot sale is unlikely to be here tomorrow. So, it's down to Sainsbury's across the car park. The previously recommended Lentil Dhal is no longer available in their café but I can recommend their breakfast, and the coffee is pretty good,

Manana Amigos,

Angus

'Morning all.

Final pre-show post.

The car-boot sale is not happening this morning, so there is lots of parking. Don't go to Sainsbury's to park. Do go to Sainsbury's if you want a bacon roll.

The weather is blowy but a lot drier than last night.

Alan

Thanks to all concerned, we had a great time and look forward to next year. Given the weather forecast, we drove home in bright sunshine!

Another enjoyable show and 4 quid well spent. Seemed a bit quiet compared to last year and noticed a few empty tables. Possibly due to Dennis no doubt. Never got to go into comp room for a nosey this year as i forgot!!! 

Regards,

Steve

Nice show, especially considering the potentially appalling weather forecast. Some very good models on display and I got some modeling stuff I have never used before to try out. Even parking was straightforward. 

Thanks for coming, and thanks for your comments. I spent most of the day in the competition hall. I am here to tell you that models are getting bigger! We're going to need more tables in future.

I'm told by other club members that the footfall was a bit down, probably because of the weather, but it was OK.

So, we'll see you next year, hopefully,

Alan

Was a good show, and a decent turnout considering all the weather warnings. 

Had a bit of a spending spree myself so will need to be nursing the bank account for a bit 😀

11 hours ago, Angus Tura said:

Thanks for coming, and thanks for your comments. I spent most of the day in the competition hall. I am here to tell you that models are getting bigger! We're going to need more tables in future.

I'm told by other club members that the footfall was a bit down, probably because of the weather, but it was OK.

So, we'll see you next year, hopefully,

Alan

Hi,

Great show as usual. In regards to the comp maybe allow more room from the start for larger formats like Dios etc as one small section proved not to be enough. Maybe also the side tables so they can be looked at in more of a 360. Lasdt years layout was great for this.

21 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

Thanks to all concerned, we had a great time and look forward to next year. Given the weather forecast, we drove home in bright sunshine!

I had a great time too

I drove home in bright sunshine all the way to where the skies went pitch black going over the M62 to the west, went a tad wobbly and moist after that much of the way

Still had a good time, thanks to those who came to the Brum stand for a natter

Nice to see you

28 minutes ago, perdu said:

I had a great time too

I drove home in bright sunshine all the way to where the skies went pitch black going over the M62 to the west, went a tad wobbly and moist after that much of the way

Still had a good time, thanks to those who came to the Brum stand for a natter

Nice to see you

That's what happens when you go to Lancashire😀😀😀

I am not certain if the M62 did take me to Lancashire but it certainly gave me and the satnav a turn delving into and about Manchesterford

Still all was well once I reached the Thelwall Viaduct and home and safety beckoned

:)