1/72 - Albatros C.III by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released

Homebee

Blummin' eck.  Kits I want are being released quicker than I can afford/ build them.  Can't really have a WW1 German collection without one of these.  That pale blue on looks rather pleasing.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Paul Thompson said:
1 hour ago, Paul Thompson said:

not got one yet, unfortunately. Hopefully I can get one at Telford.

Ordered 1 from the big H collection at Telford all to save £1.30!

• Like 1

A spoon of tar to this barrel of honey - it's not first time that painting scheme of KP/AZ kit is far from historical truth. There is (and was) no place called Mokotowice in Poland and this Polish C.III is a very hypothetical specimen (no serial nor individual codes). There are several photos known of the Polish C.IIIs and most (if not all) of them have plain olive green uppersurfaces. Moreover - some of them feature individual codes and/or serials :(

It's quite opposite to the AZ 7329 Lim-5 s/n 1C1023 that is shown in 3-colour uppersurface camouflage while the real plane sported FOUR topside colours. And don't try to persuade me that some other authors also show it like AZ does. The prototype is exhibited at the Polish Aviation Museum in Krakow and the man who brought her there in 1988 was... yours very truly.

Cheers

Michael   

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 10 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Albatros C.III by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released - new boxing in June 2022
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Albatros C.III by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released
  • 6 months later...
On 10/30/2019 at 11:59 PM, KRK4m said:

It's quite opposite to the AZ 7329 Lim-5 s/n 1C1023 that is shown in 3-colour uppersurface camouflage while the real plane sported FOUR topside colours. And don't try to persuade me that some other authors also show it like AZ does. The prototype is exhibited at the Polish Aviation Museum in Krakow and the man who brought her there in 1988 was... yours very truly.

Absolutely by accident I came across a photo of this 1C1023 shortly after her arrival to the Krakow museum. And I don't know about you, but I can clearly see two areas of identical grey (nose and the rear part of fin), two areas of identical tan (mid-fuselage and forward part of fin), as well as a dark olive green area around the cockpit and light forest green over the fuselage insignia area.

52579362202_e20322aff4_o.jpg

Cheers

Michael