Bf 109G-6 Mtt Regensburg

36 minutes ago, Courageous said:

The pilot was obviously a heavy breather. Looks great but it's not a 'tiffie'.

Stuart

He's maybe got one of those pretty Luftwaffe female auxiliaries in there showing her his cockpit. 

I'll get round to another Tiffy sometime or other.... just don't know when. 🥴

• Like 1

Hi Roger, your 109 is great! Superb colour finish.

I wouldn't be concerned about the foggy window. Crystal clear canopies have become another obsession of modellers. True, the ground crew polished them before the next mission, but after landing when exposed to humidity and temperature differences the glass fogged up easily.

Your antenna gives me a little more reason for concern. 😉

Happy modelling, Michael

22 minutes ago, Toryu said:

Hi Roger, your 109 is great! Superb colour finish.

I wouldn't be concerned about the foggy window. Crystal clear canopies have become another obsession of modellers. True, the ground crew polished them before the next mission, but after landing when exposed to humidity and temperature differences the glass fogged up easily.

Your antenna gives me a little more reason for concern. If you're interested I wrote a short tutorial here: https://arawasi-wildeagles.blogspot.com/2018/09/antenna-wiring-michael-thurow.html

Happy modelling, Michael

Thank you Michael.

Funny you should mention the antenna that's also something I'm not entirely happy with myself. Having spent several frustrating hours trying to do a decent job with Mig's rigging product I settled for using stretched sprue. I'm just going to have a look at your tutorial now with a view to re-doing my poor effort. :D

9 minutes ago, JohnHaa said:

Michel was right, I suggest a piece of stretched black or clear sprue. Thats the way I always make them.  

But you made a fine Messer !

Cheers,

JohnHaa  

Thanks John. I have a plan and so far it's working.... wish me luck. 😬

1 hour ago, Kitchen Modeller said:

Nice work Roger - that paint job is superb - very nice mottled effects - I wouldn't be too worried about the foggy canopy - chances are it will clear eventually - I'm happy you're dealing to that antennae wire - once that's sorted, she'll be a lovely model :)

Thanks very much John.

Hi Roger, very nice Bf 109. 👍  I bought some Uschi "rig that thing" antennae wire, and that stuff is very good.  Also German fuel was poor quality and tended to blacken the airframe behind the exhausts, you might want to add a bit of soot to your model.

• Like 1

On 12/09/2019 at 22:49, Roger Newsome said:

Cheers Tony.... it's tomorrow  evening by the way. 🤣🤣🤣

Damn. Another one missed. 

Going kenya in two weeks time. Will be away till around Christmas. 

Probably see you at sword and lance next year then! 

🤣