This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Crimea River

1/48 Fieseler Storch

Very Impressive air-brushing espeially when using an Iwata,so was the German erk who painted the Storch,he must had been a good painter too.

I love the wullenmuster you present here, just the right density, scale and effect. I don’t think I could achieve such perfection, so more than envy I am mesmerized by it

Thank-you both.

@Kampartiger "especially using an Iwata" - why do you say that?

Here's a photo of the actual aircraft:

desertstorkrommel5frl-jpg.536923

Edited by Crimea River

Excellent! the Wellenmuster made me speechless. How did you do such a tight pattern is beyond my imagination. I followed the link and saw you actually re-do the wing camouflage. Wow, it's really amazing piece of model. 

Nanond

work , especially paintwork is amazing to say the least!

Don't see many of these completed in spite of being a relatively easy build so I was very pleased to see this one. Great job !.

I have a couple in the stash....one will eventually emerge as a VNAF MS.500 Criquet.....I think the other one will be from the Balkans Theatre.

Superb finish on your model....Well Done, Sir !

Hallo

I did this model twice. Once Africa and once Italy. Actually I had the same problem as you did. Dust on the glass. I could remove a lot with microbrush. Easily to get via internet. You can go nearly at every corner and a little bit moistening helps a lot.

But to prevent such a sin:

·        You may glue glass afterward. For this operation you need the Tamiya Extra Thin Cement. Why: It dries so fast, that the color will not be harmed. Any other glue harms the color heavily.

·        Second approach: After masking all properly and assembling the model ready for the paint job, take a gloss varnish and spray over the glass seams. If a dust occurs, it is low visible.

·        Believe me; I did several He-111, Ju-88 and other crazy fully glass a/c in 1/48.

Happy modelling

Thanks everyone.

I did take care about dust on the glass but any that's showing up now blew in from the open door. I managed to get some of it using a microbrush bent into a hook shape but some may have been missed.