1/48 Fieseler Storch

Excellent! the Wellenmuster made me speechless. How did you do such a tight pattern is beyond my imagination. I followed the link and saw you actually re-do the wing camouflage. Wow, it's really amazing piece of model. 

Nanond

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Don't see many of these completed in spite of being a relatively easy build so I was very pleased to see this one. Great job !.

I have a couple in the stash....one will eventually emerge as a VNAF MS.500 Criquet.....I think the other one will be from the Balkans Theatre.

Superb finish on your model....Well Done, Sir !

• Thanks 1

Hallo

I did this model twice. Once Africa and once Italy. Actually I had the same problem as you did. Dust on the glass. I could remove a lot with microbrush. Easily to get via internet. You can go nearly at every corner and a little bit moistening helps a lot.

But to prevent such a sin:

·        You may glue glass afterward. For this operation you need the Tamiya Extra Thin Cement. Why: It dries so fast, that the color will not be harmed. Any other glue harms the color heavily.

·        Second approach: After masking all properly and assembling the model ready for the paint job, take a gloss varnish and spray over the glass seams. If a dust occurs, it is low visible.

·        Believe me; I did several He-111, Ju-88 and other crazy fully glass a/c in 1/48.

Happy modelling

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone.

I did take care about dust on the glass but any that's showing up now blew in from the open door. I managed to get some of it using a microbrush bent into a hook shape but some may have been missed.

• 4 years later...

What a paint job! Impressive…..most impressive……

I just hand carried back from Japan a Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito and a 1/48 Storch. 
Was wondering how to create that instant noodle camouflage on the Storch and it’s demonstrated here.

Gotta work on my airbrush skill if I want to do this camo. I am also thinking can a colour pencil achieve the pattern?

• Thanks 1

I missed this on the first go around.  If I remember correctly this kit was Tamiya's 100th kit and some extra effort went into the making.  And, of course, I have one in the stash.  I am truly impressed with the squiggle camo scheme you have achieved.  It looks so complicated and time consuming.  The end results are just great.  As for the deviation from the Tamiya instructions for painting this kit, your explanation through Air Publications makes sense.  My next stop is that link if it still works.  Thanks for resharing this thread again and am sorry I missed it the first time.

• Thanks 1