1/48 Fieseler Storch

I've built this great kit and can attest to the OP's [great nom de web, incidentally !] praise for the engineering and design of the model. I wasn't game enough to attempt this disruptive scheme  which looks stunning, no, I took the easy route and, using the great Skyraider decal sheets, dressed my model in the livery of 83 Gp, 2nd TAF, the personal aircraft of AVM Harry Broadhurst.

There's another lurking in the stash awaiting my attention, and this beautifully presented example has given me inspiration to make a start on it.

Rog

Thanks everyone!

6 hours ago, Reini78 said:

Great airbrush squiggle work! :thumbsup:

Did you draw it on the model with a pencil, pen ore something else first to have a template and then with airbrush? Or did you jump right into cold water and did it only with airbrush?

The wave pattern was done free hand with no templates or pencil guides. Truth be told, it was done twice as I wasn't happy with the initial try, the waves being a bit too heavy.

3 hours ago, kiwitrogg said:

Whoa !  Your paintwork is a work of art ! Mind you....my eyes go funny looking at it for too long :winkgrin:

Excellent build, well done.

Cheers

Gaz

Thanks Gaz. You should see MY eyes!

3 hours ago, MarkH206 said:

Wonderful airbrushing skills to do that. I am really impressed and ever so slightly envious. I tend to steer clear of these schemes as I know how they'd look if I attempted it.

Lovely stuff.

Mark

Thanks Mark. Step one is always to try it and accept that practice will improve the look. As I said above I sprayed over the first attempt before settling on what you see here.

Appreciate the comments everyone, thanks.