Who put the engine in the back? P-39 from USSR

I have a nasty habit of doing WIPs and never showing off the end result, so for the first time, an RFI.

the kit was the Eduard 1/48 dual combo P-39 Airacobra Bella.  this has the privilege of being my first and second Eduard build.

Paints used were mainly Mr Hobby for all major external surfaces, with details being either Vallejo or Tamiya.  Apart from things like exhaust stacks, all applied with the airbrush.

This was also my first attempt at weathering, though restricted to pre-shading and some exhaust and radiator staining.

I found the kit to be challenging as some parts were not clearly defined on the instructions and the lack of locating lugs on the fuselage made alignment tricky whilst holding all the internals together.  One improvement I would recommend would be to include an idea of nose weight.  I added a 5g wheel trim weight plus six ball bearings to each airframe which just about was enough provided the wheels were glued in exactly the right position. Still, they didn't sit on their asses.

On with the pictures.

DSC07934

DSC07935

DSC07936

DSC07937

DSC07939

DSC07940

DSC07941

DSC07942

DSC07943

DSC07944

DSC07945

Thanks for looking.

• Like 16

Excellent pair of flying cobras ! :yahoo:.... Yes it is a great looking airplane. Especially if looked at the time it was designed. It just carries that 1930's art deco design to the next level in my mind. Ive built quite a large number over the years. Someday i will build one as a civvie in a throwback art deco scheme, ala waco or something similar of the 1930's. 

• Thanks 1