1/1 & 1/24 Tamiya Honda S2000

woody37

Normally, I lurk in the aircraft section but been distracted this year with 4 wheel thingy's! Had a dad n lad project where we bought a 17 year old S2000 from a good friend in April who owned it for the last 14 years. It's only got 64k on the clock and she generally tootled around it unless her husband was driving. It's been serviced regularly, but it has now become a daily driver for my 20 year old son, so we've renovated in preparation for the harder half of its life! He bought it and I paid for the materials and we've done most of the work ourselves. The biggest and most time consuming part was rust treatment. It's been great, learned loads and it's a hoot to drive when the Vtec kicks in! It would of been rude not to do a model of it, so just finished that too. The Tamiya model kit doesn't have the front lip or rear spoiler so I made them from plasticard. Whilst the model wheels are JDM and the real ones not, I left them as they were and just painted them the same as the car. I've got another kit with the hard top roof in so will paint that at some point so all the options are available.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And the pint sized one!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking :)

Neil

• Like 12

Thanks guys. After watching years and years of Wheeler dealers and CAR SOS, it's been great to get stuck in myself!

My son is a proper petrol head and doing an engineering apprenticeship so its been a great experience for us both :)

28 minutes ago, Spiny said:

Both look lovely, and I envy you having a model version of your real car available. Are you keeping the 1/24 version for yourself, or does you son get that one too?

Good question, I think it will get looked after better by me looking at the state of his bedroom 😂

• Haha 1

Lovely work on both. Have a similar plan in mind myself. Bought a Honda CR-Z last year and managed to get a Fujimi 1/24th kit of it from Japan. No work required on the 1/1 scale motor, so I just have to build the kit. Not going to be as much fun as you and your lad's project - but at least I won't have to open the curtains to admire the car once the model's done 😉 

Kev

• Like 1

10 hours ago, modelman182 said:

Lovely work on both. Have a similar plan in mind myself. Bought a Honda CR-Z last year and managed to get a Fujimi 1/24th kit of it from Japan. No work required on the 1/1 scale motor, so I just have to build the kit. Not going to be as much fun as you and your lad's project - but at least I won't have to open the curtains to admire the car once the model's done 😉 

Kev

My son doesn’t live with me so I’ve not seen the car since last weekend, I’m getting withdrawal symptoms 😭 

3 hours ago, woody37 said:

My son doesn’t live with me so I’ve not seen the car since last weekend, I’m getting withdrawal symptoms 😭 

Hmmmm... sounds like a job for the "Gone in 60 seconds" crew - snatch it back (if only for a while) 😉

Sorry to hear that you're missing it.

Kev

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...