AMG Hawker Hart exaust warning.

Tony Sherry

I'm currently building the 1/48th scale AMG Hawker Hart. I feel that the decal sheet could have been better and the instructions are, at best, confusing.

However the quality of the plastic and photo-etched parts is excellent.

So it was disappointing to find the exausts to be of the Hind variety but with seven!!! exaust stubs.

Hopefully this fix will make my model look a liittle more Hart-like.

DSC01382.jpg

Tony.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, keith in the uk said:

I have ordered one of these along with the Pheon decal sheet.

Cant wait to get my hands on it , whats the problem with the kit decals ?

Hi Keith,

I'm not really saying that there's anything wrong with the kit decals, but they literary could be better. The blue of the roundels is not the rich deep royal blue that you'll find on the Pheon sheet and the squadron badges could be more detailed, but they're not that bad. on the plus side they do supply stencil decals, which is unusual for anything pre- WW2.

You might think I'm being picky, but it's not a cheap kit. Mine cost me £46.79, comparable with Gaspatch's Henschel 123, a complete package in one box. The AMG kit does not even come with underwing bombs.

Pheon don't have any wing roundels on their sheet. Presumably the Aeroclub Hawker Demon's Fantasy Printshop decals matched theirs pefectly and it was deemed unnecessary. I've bought Xtradecal sheet X48106 for my roundels/rudder stripes as it includes an Audax. I'd like to see Xtradecal do a Hawker Hart sheet.

Here's hoping AMG extend this to include more (all) of the Hart "family", with decent instructions and no silly mistakes.

Cheers,

Tony.

I hear you Tony , good job you spotted the mistake with the exhausts ( easy fix )

Roundels can be a problem , I brought the extra decal sheet RAF type A1 roundels 48031 but the blue seems a little dark compared to the interwar

colour , Extra decal do an interwar sheet of roundels but these are 1.72nd scale , perhaps the larger ones on the sheet will be ok for a  Gladiator

or fuselage side roundels , I have the Model Alliance sheet which came out a few years ago containing lots of options for Silver wing planes of the 1930s together with the accompanying book , not only do you get markings for lots of aircraft you also get a large sheet of roundels too , sadly this is now no longer available and is long overdue for a reprint ( mine is nearly used up ).

Good luck with the Hart hope to see it in RFI.

Cheers K.

• Like 1

Tony.

Well spotted. I can assure you that all the drawings I've sent had the requisite six stubs per side. This is obviously a CAD error. I have sent an immediate email and illustrations to AMG pointing this out.

The big problem I have with AMG is the language communication. This allied to the myriad detail differences in the Hawker family airframes make these very difficult subjects to deal with economically and engineering wise.

John

• Like 3

6 hours ago, John Aero said:

Tony.

Well spotted. I can assure you that all the drawings I've sent had the requisite six stubs per side. This is obviously a CAD error. I have sent an immediate email and illustrations to AMG pointing this out.

The big problem I have with AMG is the language communication. This allied to the myriad detail differences in the Hawker family airframes make these very difficult subjects to deal with economically and engineering wise.

John

Thank-you John. I never doubted that AMG didn't get the very best information from you, obviously.

These things happen, I was just pointing out a potential hazard for anyone rushing through this kit.

Regards,

Tony.

P.S.  I still would have liked a couple of bombs included in the box 🙂.

Tony,

I'm delighted that you did spot the problem. I haven't built one and my kit arrived post production and those tiny exhausts just escaped notice. It was too late (for the Hart) anyway, However your comment was just in time 😉 thank you.  The reply which I have received,  I think said "I could have slapped myself at this news, and I don't know exactly how this happened"  came out something like "ex I know how, I slap". Don't worry Ivan my Ukrainian is zero.

John

• Like 2