Me 262A-1a JG27 Marseille - 1:144 Eduard

Mig88

Hello everyone

Here is my Eduard 1:144 Messerschmitt Me 262A-1a painted in the standard Luftwaffe MTO scheme which I built in 2009. It represents "Yellow 14", 3./JG27, Luftwaffe, flown by Hans-Joachim Marseille, Libya, 1944 (fictitious of course).

The Me 262 is one of my favourite aircraft and I always thought it would have looked great in a desert scheme and with the release of Eduard's lovely kit I decided to finally paint one this way. This "what-if" kit is based on two "what ifs": what if Hans-Joachim Marseille survived his fatal accident and was hospitalised for a while until he recovered and what if Germany didn't lose in North Africa and was eventually able to deploy Me 262s there. In this scenario, Marseille returned to front-line service at about the same time the Me 262s were delivered to JG27 and so his aircraft wore the same number of kill markings before his accident - 158.

The kit was painted with brush. Since this was the bagged E-Day kit with only Czech markings, most decals came from my spares box. Marseille's markings were leftovers from Sweet's Bf 109F kit.

Thanks for looking
Miguel

zSqLCv6rRmiVUxIGNZyQbTzizRIRyKTggDUuRLGu

3y3cNZ64R6FWdqUf5qJdpQa-hcWjT3FPqs4QnH6V

kjd8UXLmMTjpfX6ociE9Nt62AwxoqpQY33Znd9Wk

7k6BQTwpkRDrO1LCCJl_mdg0Gn9Y9Avyr2UX20G8

0O4afz8DvosySnsP5QBDyucfT9njNcqGGQLAVuid

kIHvWF2SQxEXfiaSp3c8zBuDN9TpR10BsDw_-JZv

hd4tIrXt-bZUQLMnYut-7faMt5sKhCtUNLMiXTv3

05wWXvL4My5PWkcOI7ttuBfwigMDs-jj64Jovivz

KDvrxaJohZZ9COi9CfaEZNxiYkSkIBUKmktO7wrP

• Like 9

Very good.

I agree the desert scheme looks awesome.

It's an especially impressive finish for brush painting in 1/144. 

It's nice to see this kit built up as I just got hold of on of these E-day kits. I'll be building the Avia CS-92

• Thanks 1

Thank you Sub-Sam

2 hours ago, SUB-SAM said:

It's nice to see this kit built up as I just got hold of on of these E-day kits. I'll be building the Avia CS-92

Check out my builds which I posted in early August.

Miguel

Many ifs but very imaginative nevertheless. Everytime I'm awed by what you get done in this mini scale. The 262 is indeed a beautiful airplane which looks very advanced for its time.

• Thanks 1