MV22 osprey

neil5208

The Revell kit is the Italeri kit reboxed, which dates all the way back to 1989, years before any production Osprey entered service. It represents more the prototype than an actual MV-22. The nose is pretty different, with the real one having much smaller windows than the kit, there are various lumps and bumps on the real thing that are missing from the model, the real one has fillets on the fuselage, just behind the cockpit above the side door and on the opposite side, which the kit doesn't have. The landing gear doors are larger on the kit than on the real thing. Etc etc etc.

If you want a reasonably accurate MV-22, get the Hasegawa kit.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've pretty well done 90% of the 1/48 Revell one. most of the differences I can live with (I've even folded the blades) but it's that hump on the top of the wing that is just sooooooo wrong. There is some aftermarket out there for the dropped flaps and better sensors (not sure if that's for the USAF or USMC one though?)

Hannants do some good aftermarket sheets (Xtra decal range) - here's a link to some phots I took when I got to see some up close a few years back (thanks to Julian for posting on Britmodeller for me) - I was able to do the CAG bird from their sheet that is in the link below

MV-22 Ridge Runners