Sikorsky HSS-1N Seabat 1/72 Italeri

hsr

This is my Italeri Sikorsky HSS-1N Seabat. Italeri is not my favorite model company but, in this case the kit had no major issues and went together in 10 days start to finish. The only issue I did have was that I was not able to completely seal the interior from paint dust infiltration so the cockpit ended up pretty dusty. I was able to partial fix this by using my compressor hose to blow it out, but there is still quite a bit of dust. I have to get one of those compressed air cans used to blow out dust from inside computers and see if it improves things. I also used the Eduard interior and Printscale decals. My last couple of uses with Printscale decals have been problematic with any attempt to position them causing the decal to just roll up into a useless ball but, this set, with care, worked out pretty well I almost lost one decal that way but was able to recover it. The torpedoes are Eduard Mk 44s which I think would be correct.

So here it is:

5rmp8tKC_o.jpg

Xsobbv7R_o.jpg

hZnvD6K5_o.jpg

1rJugpxz_o.jpg

jJkxYiSt_o.jpg

rLAIH9Cb_o.jpg

And the interior without all the dust

Xyl0KnW0_o.jpg

Next up is the Anigrand Bell HSL-1.

Enjoy

• Like 22

3 hours ago, hsr said:

The only issue I did have was that I was not able to completely seal the interior from paint dust infiltration so the cockpit ended up pretty dusty. I was able to partial fix this by using my compressor hose to blow it out, but there is still quite a bit of dust. I have to get one of those compressed air cans used to blow out dust from inside

I've used a hoover in the past with a set of reduction tubes that I bring it down to the size of a straw. That works ;)

A very nice Seabat, by the way. I mIssed many when they were in service, being just on the cusp of retirement when I was still a teenager. I recall seeing a number of ex-Heersflieger H-34s, and one ex-Kreigsmarine example, arriving through Gatwick for civilianisation in 1974/5. Other than at it was the Belgian machines tnat lasted until the early 1980s. Lovely old girls :)

MartiN

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

I've used a hoover in the past with a set of reduction tubes that I bring it down to the size of a straw. That works ;)

I ordered a "Dust-off" can and it comes with a straw attachment. If that doesn't work there is always my nail gun compressor :yikes:

• Haha 1

I got a can of Dust-off

EUXNQ2ei_o.jpg

and a few shots through the opening in the bottom and it really cleared the dust out. It went from this

5rmp8tKC_o.jpg

to this

Xyl0KnW0_o.jpg

:yahoo:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1