Blackbird M-21 + Drone - Italeri 1/72

CedB

4 hours ago, CedB said:

Happy with that. Very happy.

Excellent Ced, really excellent.  Take the rest of the week off.

please... take the rest of the week off - we Cedfollowers need a break.  It's exhausting keeping up with your work.

Now... this really is something to behold!

4 hours ago, CedB said:

48753542503_37a71987dd_c.jpg

which begs the question: Are you going to hang it upside down ?   'cos all the interesting and cool stuff is on top

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

28 minutes ago, hendie said:

which begs the question: Are you going to hang it upside down ?   'cos all the interesting and cool stuff is on top

Was it capable of reverse flight? If so, Bob's your uncle... :) :D

Ciao

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, hendie said:

quick folks - we've got time to catch our breath before the next installment

Or hide his stash to slow him down! 

Having said that, this is really looking the d's b's, what a great choice of scheme. The contrast within the metal and against the black, looks fabulous!

Ian

• Thanks 1

Thanks very much for the kind words to Mikey, SD, Nikolay, Thom, Roger and Martian - really appreciated :) 

4 hours ago, hendie said:

Excellent Ced, really excellent.  Take the rest of the week off.

please... take the rest of the week off - we Cedfollowers need a break.  It's exhausting keeping up with your work.

Now... this really is something to behold!

3 hours ago, giemme said:

Was it capable of reverse flight? If so, Bob's your uncle... :) :D

Ciao

Thanks hendie and Giorgio :) I think it will have to be hung low, or maybe a bit tilted…

Take the rest of the week off? As if…

3 hours ago, limeypilot said:

Or hide his stash to slow him down! 

Having said that, this is really looking the d's b's, what a great choice of scheme. The contrast within the metal and against the black, looks fabulous!

Ian

Thanks Ian :) Hiding the stash will do you no good, I have Internet Shopping!

Transfer on to 'match' the pictures from Seattle, kind of:

48756205472_30cda36987_z.jpg

Luckily no silvering (a ha ha ha) so I think I can blacken the vents, glue on the drone and we're done.

Actually that photo emphasises the incorrect position of the refuelling hold but hey, good enough for the ceiling!

Nothing I can do about this:

48756011021_8f603328a5_z.jpg

…except cheat and not photograph that dusty window. 

• Like 14

Thanks Johnny and Keith :) 

I've put two drops of NATO black in lots of water and blobbed it on the vents now and I've also glued on the drone:

48756893067_f84eeae56d_z.jpg

I'll do the same on the bottom vents (titter) in the morning and then RFI it. I'll post a link to that but here's a teaser:

48756696871_1deffe202d_z.jpg

• Like 18

9 hours ago, bbudde said:

As above Ced . Nice. Nearly missed this one. Btw Did you finished the Withley? I've not found the RFI.

Cheers

Sorry Ben missed the question :) 

Yep, the Whitley was finished and RFI'd  and I also snuck in a quick Salamander (which I know you've seen) :D 

• Thanks 1

Ced,

Just now saw this thread- wow, what an awesome YF-12! Best one I have seen so far and the paintwork is especially realistic. Have this kit, but have never been inspired to take it down and start it...until now! Re displaying it- perhaps a base with two angled rods that extend into the tailpipes in such a way as to simulate a steep climb might be a good way to display all that wonderful paintwork?  Might even put a Skunk Works logo on the base?Just a suggestion. Beautiful result, especially with all the work you put in on it.

Mike

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, CedB said:

Salamander

not again...

3 hours ago, CedB said:

I think it will have to be hung low, or maybe a bit tilted…

Will Sir be dressing to the left, or dressing to the right?

Ced - that is an absolutely stunning build. The paint finish looks exquisite, and your chosen scheme shows off the lines of the aircraft to perfection.  I think this is definitely your best build to date.  Congrats sir!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well I love this model, simply about to run out of superlatives

And its anything but brown

Or green

As the boys say Ced, best Ceddery yet

I loved Conky, admired to the ultimumlove the Nimmy and Wacky was a delight but this one is simply the best

W O W !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hamden said:

Someone has to say it what's next?

I don't know what's Ced's next project, but mine will be the top secret, never known by public which was consisting of SR-71XXL, M-12 and pair of D-21:

1037.jpg

1038.jpg

1039.jpg

This project was named as "The Town Musicians of Burbank" and inspired by:

Bremen.band.500pix.jpg

Serkan

Edited by Serkan Sen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I can only agree with the above comments.

It looks like the AK paste works really well over another ‘ metal ‘ finish, I think I will have to invest in some if I can get them sent by post without them being declared ’ hazardous substances ‘

John

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Serkan Sen said:

Very nicely finish. Looks wonderful.

Serkan

3 hours ago, Serkan Sen said:

I don't know what's Ced's next project, but mine will be the top secret, never known by public which was consisting of SR-71XXL, M-12 and pair of D-21:

1037.jpg

This project was named as "The Town Musicians of Burbank" and inspired by:

Bremen.band.500pix.jpg

Serkan

Thanks Serkan :) Looking forward to your build… it looks crazy

11 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Top notch looking Blackbird ! :worthy:

Thanks Dennis :) 

11 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Ced,

Just now saw this thread- wow, what an awesome YF-12! Best one I have seen so far and the paintwork is especially realistic. Have this kit, but have never been inspired to take it down and start it...until now! Re displaying it- perhaps a base with two angled rods that extend into the tailpipes in such a way as to simulate a steep climb might be a good way to display all that wonderful paintwork?  Might even put a Skunk Works logo on the base?Just a suggestion. Beautiful result, especially with all the work you put in on it.

Mike

Thanks Mike :) I don't have much space except on the ceiling, sadly… 

11 hours ago, hendie said:

not again...

Will Sir be dressing to the left, or dressing to the right?

Ced - that is an absolutely stunning build. The paint finish looks exquisite, and your chosen scheme shows off the lines of the aircraft to perfection.  I think this is definitely your best build to date.  Congrats sir!

Thanks hendie, very kind - we Gentlemen always dress to the left :D 

10 hours ago, billn53 said:

Well done sir!

Thanks Bill :) 

5 hours ago, giemme said:

Outstanding job, Ced - I agree with others, probably your best one to date :worthy: :clap: :clap:

Ciao

Thanks Giorgio - I've definitely raised my bar too high! :D 

5 hours ago, Hamden said:

As the others above have said stunning, superb, outstanding result deffinately your best yet.

Someone has to say it what's next?

Roger

Thanks Roger :) Link to the next one below…

3 hours ago, perdu said:

Well I love this model, simply about to run out of superlatives

And its anything but brown

Or green

As the boys say Ced, best Ceddery yet

I loved Conky, admired to the ultimumlove the Nimmy and Wacky was a delight but this one is simply the best

W O W !

Thanks Bill :) The next one (see below) was chosen with your influence and it's not brown!

1 hour ago, Biggles87 said:

I can only agree with the above comments.

It looks like the AK paste works really well over another ‘ metal ‘ finish, I think I will have to invest in some if I can get them sent by post without them being declared ’ hazardous substances ‘

John

Thanks John :) Try the AK paste, I love it!

Now in the RFI here.

Next one? I'm building to reduce the stash at the moment and I seem to be choosing big boxes to make it look as though it's getting smaller, faster.

I've started a 'holder' for the next one, Italeri's Sunderland Mk III over here. Come on over!

As always thanks for your help, support and companionship during this build - it's been great!

• Like 3