Midlands Air Ambulance - G-OMAA

Midlands Air Ambulance - G-OMAA

EC-135 Revell 1:72

DSC-0025-copy.jpg

Afternoon all!

This one has been on the bench for quite a while- although I finished it some months ago, a brief encounter with gravity sent it on a short downward flight (ending in multiple pieces).

However, here it is! For this build I used the Revell 1:72 EC-135 kit, along with an abundance of plasticard and Blu-Tack to make up the details. The majority of the details and decals were provided courtesy of the fabulous Whirlybird models "EC-135 T-2 Bond" Midland Air Ambulance kit.

I seem to encounter the real-life MAA helicopters frequently; whether it be coming in to land at the QE hospital in Birmingham, taking off and landing from RAF Cosford, or indeed taking part in the static display at the Cosford airshow:

DSC-1061.jpg

DSC-0331-2.jpg

So, without further ado and to celebrate National Air Ambulance Week/Emergency Services Day, here's my rendition of G-OMAA:

DSC-0007.jpg

DSC-0009.jpg

DSC-0012.jpg

DSC-0026.jpg

DSC-0016.jpg

DSC-0022.jpg

DSC-0032.jpg

DSC-0033.jpg

DSC-0035.jpg

Thanks for having a look, and I'll see you on the next one!

Best wishes,

Sam

• Like 65
  • Thanks 1

I, too, was sorry to hear of the 'low altitude impact' (we've all had 'em) but glad to see it was salvageable. In fact, it is beautiful. I did one of GWAA's Bo105's a few years ago, so I have a real soft spot for these magnificent and all-too-necessary craft (and their dedicated crews). Yours is a real jewel!

• Thanks 1

Looks great! Even if it's been reassembled. 

I always give my change in shops to the air ambulance charity pot. Its sickening how they aren't funded by the government. 

Suppose you will have to do NPAS Birmingham next. 

I always give my change in shops to the air ambulance charity pot. Its sickening how they aren't funded by the government. 

Edit: have you sent them the pictures? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FPDPenguin said:

I probably should- either that or an RAF Juno!

I posted it on Twitter and it would appear as though they've seen it :D

maac-twitter.jpg

Sam

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I’m about a mile from the QE and the real thing flies over my garden very frequently. 

Which leads the mind down down the path of “this one is small...this one is far away...(about 500ft up)...”

On 9/9/2019 at 12:25 PM, FPDPenguin said:

I work for an Air Ambulance Society in Canada, we have 17 modern and new helicopters and we are also a charity. We don’t want government involvement or funding (we do bill them for trauma flights). We manage our money better this way.

We had a new AW-139 donated as well as a new hangar, that donation was the largest in Canadian history to a non-profit, $39 million. We operate out of 6 bases, and are in the process of replacing all our helo’s with new build EC-145s.

In Canada I have heard others say they are angry the government doesn’t fund us. As mentioned, we like our successful  model. We are all well paid and our donations and lotteries keep us well funded. I can’t say the UK model is the same but I hope it is.