1/72 A-7A Corsair II

Hi, 

This is my recently completed 1/72 Hobby Boss A-7A Corsair II. They are a few errors and omissions, but I'm going to call it done. Painted with Vallejo Model Air, followed by Tamiya clear and then a final coat of Tamiya flat. I used Tamiya Grey wash for the panel lines. In general, the Hobby Boss kit goes together well, although I found getting all the gear doors on a bit challenging. Hobby Boss does have a lot of rivets. There are hardly noticeable on the real planes, but add a bit of character to the model. This is the first A-7 I've built, but possibly not the last. I'm thinking that I may do a US Air Force version with camouflage. Maybe a 1/72 Fujimi A-7 if I can find one.   

Mark  

IMG_0716

IMG_0715

IMG_0712

IMG_0709

IMG_0706

IMG_0698

IMG_0694

IMG_0693

• Like 45

2 hours ago, stevej60 said:

That's a beautiful build and finish Mark,I've toyed with the idea of having a go at one of Hobbyboss Corsairs now I think it's time

to do it after seeing this beauty!

The fit of the Hobby Boss kit is quite good. No putty required. Decals are of very good quality. Nice thing about the A-7 is that it comes in many colorful Navy schemes, which are available as aftermarket decals.   

• Like 1