Smer shenyang j-6/mig-19 1/72

Just now, Spitfire31 said:

I'd say iy looks OK, and then some!

Good work to make such a convincing model out of a (I guess…) very basic kit.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks, Mate. To be honest when I saw the box art I just bought it, well there is a catch to it you never know what it is inside hehe little cheating I knew it what it was through scalemate but then when I started it will be smooth quick built then you realized there are so many sanding and filling, Indeed sir it is very basic and I did some scratch built someday someone will do a new tools mig-19, Once again thanks for kind words.

• Like 1

Very nice build of a so-so kit. I also think the Mig-19 is the most handsome of the early generation Migs....sure am getting tired of waiting for Trumpeter to release the one they've announced for eons.

Mike

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Love it ! :worthy: The Mig-19 is to my eyes the best looking of all the early Mig jets. The 21 takes a very close 2nd. 

It is sure look nice, wish some does a new tool mig-19 in 72 and 48 scale. Mig-21 is also nice looking aircraft, thanks mate for the kind words.

3 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Very nice build of a so-so kit. I also think the Mig-19 is the most handsome of the early generation Migs....sure am getting tired of waiting for Trumpeter to release the one they've announced for eons.

Mike

Thanks, If they will release I bet they will, since their country operated it they will have ton of ref to work on it and hopefully get a nice kit in future, cheers mate

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

Nice job on what I know to be a pretty ordinary kit, I've a re-pop of the same kit in stock, I look at it occasionally & put it away quickly. ;)

Steve.

Thank you, Steve, I did that couple of time myself then I said I need to build it someday so I just pulled it out and built it. Cheers

• Like 2

Nicely done, Tom.

You did an exceptional job on a kit that looks like it has the same issues as the old KP one.  I try to avoid natural metal paint jobs, (I guess I need to work on polishing the plastic before painting to eliminate blemishes) but I love your paint job!

We DO need a new MiG-19 series (and a nice F-7 with the cranked arrow wing too!).  I will be building the Bilek kit with a Pavla cockpit, Master pitot and guns, and Bilek parts and decals as a Pakistani bird.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Cheers,

WARDOG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/10/2019 at 11:36 AM, RidgeRunner said:

Nice, Tom. ;). A new MIG-19 in 1-72 is long overdue!

Thanks, mate. 

1 hour ago, WARDOG said:

Nicely done, Tom.

You did an exceptional job on a kit that looks like it has the same issues as the old KP one.  I try to avoid natural metal paint jobs, (I guess I need to work on polishing the plastic before painting to eliminate blemishes) but I love your paint job!

We DO need a new MiG-19 series (and a nice F-7 with the cranked arrow wing too!).  I will be building the Bilek kit with a Pavla cockpit, Master pitot and guns, and Bilek parts and decals as a Pakistani bird.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Cheers,

WARDOG

Thank you, Mate It is indeed the old KP one rebox by Smer. I don't know about the metal but to be honest I like working with silver than other colours, I always go off however, when you go off in silver it look more natural, I mean a different panel with metal reflections. Bilek kits are really nice, but really hard for to get by, Pakistani will be interesting to see, they did have some nice collections of aircraft. 

Will post more in the future, I am working with an old tool hasegawa A-4, the fit is not so great and don't know whether can fix it especially the cockpit part.

Cheers

Nice.

Seems there is some interest in a new Mig-19. I wish that Airfix had done one instead of the new Mig-17. I have a Misterkit one somewhere in the stash, and KP of course. 

I love the look of the -19, very Cold War Soviet Union.

Some great Mig-19 videos on YouTube that I have been watching recently. One of my favourites

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SabWGCETDN0

Perestroika Comrades 🤩

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/13/2019 at 2:59 AM, Smudge said:

Nice.

Seems there is some interest in a new Mig-19. I wish that Airfix had done one instead of the new Mig-17. I have a Misterkit one somewhere in the stash, and KP of course. 

I love the look of the -19, very Cold War Soviet Union.

Some great Mig-19 videos on YouTube that I have been watching recently. One of my favourites

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SabWGCETDN0

Perestroika Comrades 🤩

Thank you mate,  Nice video too.

https://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=34169&mode=thread&order=0

yeah finally, A new Mig-19 gonna get a one for sure.

Edited by tomthounaojam
  • Like 1