A new member with an objective

DaveRob

Hi all....... First of all the wealth of information on here is amazing,  in the short time I've had to browse the forums its obvious their are some very dedicated modellers with some serious talent.  I have arrived here from control line aeromodeling so im not a complete beginner but am somewhat new to the plastic kit scene.  I have an objective of building a free flight Lysander to compete, but that challenge lead me to research and I thought I would try to build a scale plastic kit as part of the learning process about Lysanders.  Then, oddly,  I was clearing out the garage last weekend and found an old Revell kit of the Fieseler Storch and inside the box was a 1:72 scale Revell kit of a Focker DVII.... result, maybe I can build the Storch as practice for the Lysander.... so I found a Eduards Lysander kit and ordered that... just awaiting its delivery.  In the mean time I opened the Revell Storch kit and found that I had,  at some point in the dim and distant past many years ago, started to assemble the pilot figure but thats literally as far as I had got with everything else left on the sprue,  I vaguely recall getting this as a Christmas present years and years ago. So my objective... learn to build these scale works of art then use the knowledge and detail to scratch build a 1:12 scale Lizzy with a genuine Mk1 Mills....  Im sure I will be asking loads of questions and Ill start a work in progress thread as I attempt each model, but for now thanks for so much detailed info from the forum and Im looking forward to having a go and getting stuck in to the research for the forthcoming Lysander build.

Thanks DaveR 

• Like 7

Hello DaveR... :post1: from Chicago USA. The Lizzie is a good plane and will look good after your learning on plastic I'm sure. If i can help just ask. You can get my attention by Personal message or by doing this @Corsairfoxfouruncle. If you add the @ symbol in front of my screen name it will flag my attention. If i don't know the answer i will at least try to point you in a good direction. One suggestion i do have is with both your Storch and Fokker start a work in progress. This will allow members to help and offer assistance much easier. The friendly chat is also worth it. Don't be to worried as everyone here is friendly and the few that aren't tend to keep to themselves.  

Dennis

• Like 2

Hello Dave... I remembered this build of Lizzie from last year. It is a Masterclass of work and has a bounty of Lizzie information for your build. 

I hope it helps in some fashion. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1

:welcome: aboard Dave - it's the thin end of the wedge.  Soon you'll have three kits.  You'll blink, and you'll then have over a hundred and have no idea where they all came from! :frantic:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Dave... I remembered this build of s Lizzie from last year. It is a Masterclass of work and has a bounty of Lizzie information for your build. 

I hope it helps in some fashion. 

Dennis

I read that build twice .... 🙂  it’s an inspiring build. It certainly will help many thanks for the pointer

DaveR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mike said:

:welcome: aboard Dave - it's the thin end of the wedge.  Soon you'll have three kits.  You'll blink, and you'll then have over a hundred and have no idea where they all came from! :frantic:

I seem to have 5 already with 2 found in the garage one arrived by post today and another two on their way. Do I have an official stash now??? 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Welcome Dave :) 

Thanks to you and Dennis for the kind words :blush:

As Dennis (Corsairfoxfouruncle) said don't be afraid to post on here; they're a friendly bunch and happy to chip in with help if you need it; I've learnt a lot since I joined and the members have helped me develop my skills and techniques… and been kind and supportive when things go wrong!

Happy modelling!

• Like 2