1/144 Cathay Pacific Airbus A350-900 Revell

On 9/28/2019 at 5:29 AM, stringbag said:

I wouldn't worry too much about Mr. Three Holes' criticism at all.  He's not even had the decency to comment on the reference pictures you very kindly posted despite the request.

Chris.

On 9/28/2019 at 5:56 PM, Skodadriver said:

Don't let one idiot troll spoil it for you @Columbia20713

The regular airliner fans on this site are without exception supportive and encouraging and you are a welcome addition to our number.

Looking forward to your next model.

Dave G

Of course not! I have no plans of getting discouraged just because of those comments. I agree too, I've seen more than a fair share of extremely supportive people in this community that make it worthwhile!

Thanks again guys!

On 9/29/2019 at 9:56 PM, Gimme Shelter said:

A stunning quality build - looks absolutely fantastic - I see these up at Heathrow but it leaves me saddened with the reminder that their 747s have long since left our British tarmac 

Thank you! I know what you mean, the Philippine Airlines and Cathay A350s that now fill our terminals over here feel like a distant reminder of the A340s and B747s that used to be in their place that are now long gone.. 

Edited by Columbia20713

Ok, so I'm late to the party again! Mind you it is probably just as well that the unpleasantness has all been resolved.

Lovely A350, I particularly like the rub marks around the doors from the jetway. I'll have to try that myself.

Oh, and welcome to the forum Columbia, you're in good company here with all the good guys who regularly visit here.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

That’s a lovely build. I deal with the full-size ones daily and there’s so much to admire on this miniature version! Subtle weathering round the windows is spot on too. (Just seen some of the “debate” about overweathering and I can tell you, after nearly 30 years as an air traffic controller, long haul heavies can look really tatty - even new ones - depending on what rain-borne dust and other contaminants they are exposed to. I’m guessing that poster doesn’t get paid to watch airlines taxiing past his window on a daily basis…!)

Great job 👏

Edited by The Shearwater

I completely missed your A350 post back then...😊

Superb build and very nice choice of airline.

I flew in november 2019 with one of Cathay's A350-1000 fron Zurich to Hongkong.

I very pleasant flight that was.In fact I was so impressed,that I built the A350-1000 in CX livery as  part of my "Aircraft I flew on" project.

Thanks for sharing

Alex