1/72 Tamiya Messerschmitt Bf 109 G6

VG 33

Hello

I have finished my new 1/72 Tamiya Messerschmitt Bf 109 G6. She was built straight from the box except the wire antenna above the fuselage. I chose the Wilhelm Schillig's aircraft from the 9./JG 54 as I preferred the RLM 24 blue band. This is an easy kit and I could build more.

The build will be published in Tamiya Model Magazine French edition.

Patrick

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 38

A wonderful 109 in 1/72. Absolutly nice and subtle weathering. Nothing overdone, I like that. I built this in 48 as you can see in one of my topics. By the way I replaced the too thick ring antenna with an photoetched strip from the wastebox. It is easy to replace and look more realistic. It is worth to replace yours? I would suggest that.

Cheers 

Andy 

Hope you don’t mind my critics

🍻🍻

Edited by Andy Dyck
  • Thanks 1

Looks excellent. I like the subtly faded camouflage on the wings and the mottling on the fuselage.

One minor point of criticism towards Tamiya (not you): AFAIK the kit does not allow to build the radiator/landing flaps in an open position. On the real plane these were almost always open/extended when on the ground. This is not that difficult to rectify for the modeller, but since Tamiya aims to produce the very best kits, I would have expected this detail in their new Bf-109.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

A wonderful 109 in 1/72. Absolutly nice and subtle weathering. Nothing overdone, I like that. I built this in 48 as you can see in one of my topics. By the way I replaced the too thick ring antenna with an photoetched strip from the wastebox. It is easy to replace and look more realistic. It is worth to replace yours? I would suggest that.

Cheers 

Andy 

Hope you don’t mind my critics

🍻🍻

Hello

You're right and I will try to replace this antenna with something more realistic.

Patrick

11 hours ago, Doc72 said:

Looks excellent. I like the subtly faded camouflage on the wings and the mottling on the fuselage.

One minor point of criticism towards Tamiya (not you): AFAIK the kit does not allow to build the radiator/landing flaps in an open position. On the real plane these were almost always open/extended when on the ground. This is not that difficult to rectify for the modeller, but since Tamiya aims to produce the very best kits, I would have expected this detail in their new Bf-109.

Hello

Some years ago I built a Fine Molds Bf 109 F2 and there were dropable flaps. In addition I dropped the leading edge.

For the next Tamiya kit I will made it that way.

Patrick

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by VG 33
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1