“There’ll be no escape for the Princess this time!” 1/5000 Imperial Star Destrpyer

• 2 weeks later...

That is looking great!! Curious to know. Did you add fibre optics to the LED's or is this just the LED kit inserted into the interior as per the instructions. Did you need to line the interior with Aluminium foil or paint the interior to improve reflectivity of the LED's? I have one on order for my birthday but have not done a lighting kit before so am a complete noob at this stuff. Any pointers or assistance/tips appreciated.

Ian

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2019 at 3:32 PM, Farnarkle said:

That is looking great!! Curious to know. Did you add fibre optics to the LED's or is this just the LED kit inserted into the interior as per the instructions. Did you need to line the interior with Aluminium foil or paint the interior to improve reflectivity of the LED's? I have one on order for my birthday but have not done a lighting kit before so am a complete noob at this stuff. Any pointers or assistance/tips appreciated.

Ian

No FO whatsoever. The LEDs shine through the holes in the parts just fine. No reflective paint or foil, just opaque plastic. 

17 hours ago, Thom216 said:

It's smaller than the recent Revell snap kit, right?

Even if so, this is a very good looking kit. I may have to get rid of my MPC/Revells!

I don’t know about he snap kit, but it’s roughly half the size of the 1/2700 Zvezda/Revell kit.