Zvezda 1/35 Soviet Medium Tank T-34/76 mod. 1943 Uralmash

Hi Nikolay,

An excellent build, and a lovely paint finish in terms of the colour, smooth texture, and restrained chipping and weathering. 

Personally, I prefer a tad more in the way of weathering, purely because I always envisage my models as appearing in dioramas from the outset, so they will have seen some significant action. But if I were ever to make a 'not long off the production line' AFV, then your style here will be a good reference point.

Very nice indeed.

Rearguards,

Badder.

ps. I did wonder where the tankers cooked their meals. And very clever of them to do it under the hull where the escaping heat would warm up their engine fluids.🥣

Edited by Badder
  • Thanks 1

On 27/09/2019 at 17:30, Andy350 said:

This is very nice, I like the finish a lot, I've got no chance!!

Thank you, Andy! 🤝 You’re always have a chance because it’s not the best modelling work that people here can do! 😉

On 01/10/2019 at 11:26, FrancisGL said:

Hi Nikolay,

Your model was very well finished, I love the lighthouse, very authentic, and together all the detailed kit, which, as you say, seems very good.

Hi Francis, I’m glad that you like it! Yes, it’s a very good and easy kit, despite its 303 parts. 👍

On 01/10/2019 at 11:26, FrancisGL said:

There is a big difference between your model and mine (both are Zvezda, although mine is an oldie, very, very old, and with a much poorer quality), yours seems to have come out of the assembly plant, and the mine "poor thing", already has "many shots fired at his back". Anyway you can appreciate the good work done with the kit.

Actually, I’m not a weathering guru and my «skills» comes from the aviation modelling, so I’m not a big fan of the dirty machines. But some of the properly-weathered models here looks absolutely fantastic! Yes, I like to make things «as new».

• Thanks 1

On 01/10/2019 at 14:33, Badder said:

Hi Nikolay,

An excellent build, and a lovely paint finish in terms of the colour, smooth texture, and restrained chipping and weathering. 

Hi Badder, thanks for this kind of words! 🤝

Personally, I prefer a tad more in the way of weathering, purely because I always envisage my models as appearing in dioramas from the outset, so they will have seen some significant action. But if I were ever to make a 'not long off the production line' AFV, then your style here will be a good reference point.

Yes, my work is not a diorama-style - I haven’t done any diorama since the ‘90s. I’m aware of the deal-braking perfectionism in this case... But I’d like to call it «my style»! 😊

Very nice indeed.

Thank you!

ps. I did wonder where the tankers cooked their meals. And very clever of them to do it under the hull where the escaping heat would warm up their engine fluids.🥣

I think they’re used the field kitchen, something like this:

spacer.png

I’m doubt there was enough meals to take it to the tank...

Edited by Nikolay Polyakov
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Thank you, Andy! 🤝 You’re always have a chance because it’s not the best modelling work that people here can do! 😉

Hi Francis, I’m glad that you like it! Yes, it’s a very good and easy kit, despite its 303 parts. 👍

Actually, I’m not a weathering guru and my «skills» comes from the aviation modelling, so I’m not a big fan of the dirty machines. But some of the properly-weathered models here looks absolutely fantastic! Yes, I like to make things «as new».

Did you write a work in progress on this build?  Also, is the tow cable an additional item?  Thanks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andy350 said:

Did you write a work in progress on this build?

Yes, there’s the link to the WIP section of the forum:

3 hours ago, Andy350 said:

Also, is the tow cable an additional item?

The tow cables that I used are the kit parts, but Zvezda also provides an additional cable. More than that, I have another cable as a gift from the hobby shop.

• Thanks 1