Zvezda 1/35 Soviet Medium Tank T-34/76 mod. 1943 Uralmash

Hello, Britmodellers! 👋

This is my first armour build since the late ‘90s. It’s an excellent kit from Zvezda with a small addition of PE parts. I’m not the fan of an intensive weathering and dirt, so I limit myself to some chipping and a little amount of dust.

Let’s start:

48688975347_0714657b14_k.jpg

The tracks and wheels were painted prior the final assembly:

48688469343_cfb8042f1b_k.jpg

The small details are glued prior the painting and brush-painted with a water-based paints later:

48688975387_e98bd703ce_k.jpg

The top view:

48688469338_5fd1cdc262_k.jpg

The bottom view:

48688469163_46edfa0969_k.jpg

This time Zvezda provides us an excellent decals:

48688974702_0afb54661c_k.jpg

The grill is from the PE kit:

48688975162_bd6f911394_k.jpg

This time I tried the chipping (the first coat was the spirit-based Rust paint and the second is water-based 4BO chipped with a hard brush):

48688803781_235d1a9964_k.jpg

The tarp was the weakest part of the kit and I replaced it with a DIY from the Epoxy Putty:

48688975272_f0ce61af30_k.jpg

The rear view on the tarp roll:

48688974857_bf32924acb_k.jpg

The headlight:

48688973672_01755eec97_k.jpg

The closer look at the turret:

48688973832_a59dea616f_k.jpg

The front view:

48688974497_777023548f_k.jpg

I’m pretty happy with the results and have a great time building this kit! Here’s the link to the WIP section of the forum:

Thanks for looking! ☺️

• Like 29

18 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Very nicely done, good restrained chipping :yes:

Thank you! 🤝 This is the right word for - that’s how I want it to be.

4 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

Very good Nikolay, this looks great.

Thanks, Robert! 🙂

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

I’m pretty happy with the results and have a great time building this kit!

That looks really good Nikolay, :goodjob: Much better detail than the old Tamiya kit.  I wondered what that box between the fuel tanks was, a stove you say, never seen one before.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

That looks really good Nikolay, :goodjob:

Thanks, Rob!

58 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

I wondered what that box between the fuel tanks was, a stove you say, never seen one before.

Yes, and it can be used between the battles, too (number 2 on the picture below):

spacer.png

Edited by Nikolay Polyakov
  • Thanks 1

These shots are even better than those in the WIP. I’m goi g to pilfer that lovely restrained chipping work for my Gundam build I have planned. It looks stunning. I didn’t mention on the WIP but the tarp you did was spot on too. Beautiful, you can be very proud of that for sure. 😇

Johnny. 

Any idea what’s next in line? 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Soeren said:

Very nice looking model that is.

Thanks, Soeren! 🤝

1 hour ago, The Spadgent said:

These shots are even better than those in the WIP. I’m goi g to pilfer that lovely restrained chipping work for my Gundam build I have planned. It looks stunning. I didn’t mention on the WIP but the tarp you did was spot on too. Beautiful, you can be very proud of that for sure. 😇

Actually, the same setup as for the WIP, but these shots taken in the noon. Yes, looks like it’s a best model that I ever build! 😜

1 hour ago, The Spadgent said:

Any idea what’s next in line?

Vigi, Johnny, Vigi! I need to build it for my friend, even if that kit is a piece of... kit:

But I’m thinking about the Deuce and Mirage III V-01... 😋

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

Nice clean build Nikolay. Well done.

Thank you, John! 🤝

Many thanks to you all for the comments, guys! 👏

• Like 1

Very nice build Nikolay!

I would tone down those steel cables a bit though.

I have a small jar with some thinner, where i quick wash my brushes, after bit of time, that residue of xxx colours is good for all type of muck :-)

Zig

• Thanks 1

I think you've nailed it. Restrained weathering, between the factory fresh & really war weary looks.

I've bookmarked the WIP for when I do my planned Zvezda T-34/85.

Pete

Edited by Buzby061
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, zigster said:

Very nice build Nikolay!

Thank you, Zig!

I would tone down those steel cables a bit though.

I was thinking about it but decided to make it not so dark. I’ll try it next time. 😉

I have a small jar with some thinner, where i quick wash my brushes, after bit of time, that residue of xxx colours is good for all type of muck 🙂

Zig Wash?! 😜 Actually, I sometimes made my own with a water-based acrylics and water. And for the chipping effect I use just a dark brown paint, not a special solution.

6 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

I think you've nailed it. Restrained weathering, between the factory fresh & really war weary looks.

Thank you, Pete! I’m glad that you like it! 🙂

6 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

I've bookmarked the WIP for when I do my planned Zvezda T-34/85.

I would like to see your build here!

5 hours ago, Roger Newsome said:

Very good job Nikolay. I will be trying for a similar effect on one of the KV-1's I have lined up.

I love KVs! Thanks, Roger! 🤝

34 minutes ago, flashlight said:

this is a stunning build! The restraint weathering and the chipping looks very convincing, you have done a really great job!

Thanks, Nick! It’s a very interesting and different from an aircraft building. And it was the first time when I tried the flat coat - and now I like it!

Thank you all! 😎

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hairtrigger said:

Very nicely executed.

Thank you, @Hairtrigger!

You can hold back with the weathering if you wish it's your choice.

We’re need someone who made the kits clean and practically unweathered these times... 😬 But I’d like to try some techniques.

I still have the Tamiya version I did in the 80s on my shelf it's still not a bad model, but the Zveda version is on my list to do in the future.

I love the Tamiya’s armour kits, but never built their T-34/76. I think you’ll don’t get disappointed with this Zvezda’s mouldings!

Thanks! 🤝

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nikolay,

Your model was very well finished, I love the lighthouse, very authentic, and together all the detailed kit, which, as you say, seems very good.

There is a big difference between your model and mine (both are Zvezda, although mine is an oldie, very, very old, and with a much poorer quality), yours seems to have come out of the assembly plant, and the mine "poor thing", already has "many shots fired at his back". Anyway you can appreciate the good work done with the kit.

Cheers mate 👍

• Thanks 1