1/9 Dragon Man of Steel Superman & 1/8 Moebius Wonder Woman

Hi all, firstly apologies for not posting any updates so far this year, but as we all know life gets in the way from time to time. Anyway I rarely build more than one model at once and although a fairly straight forward project I knew that the Wonder Woman figure would be a challenge and so it proved to be, firstly the casting for Diana's hair although a good fit left a large amount of space around her face which did not look natural.

I added some strips of flattened solder painted black and bent to follow the contours of the hair casting and glued it below the ears; this filled out the space and looked much better. Her face did not look too accurate, strangely looking better in primer than when skin tones were added and her eyeballs appeared to bulge out; I used Vallejor white top acrylics for the flesh tones. Lots of hand painting was done with many different layers of transparent tints applied over the body armour and boots.

I also finally got round to finishing the Man of Steel figure, I had 3 super hero figures on the bench this time and with a hectic work schedule I had no mojo in me to get them all finished. So it's been a poor model building year so far. Overall I am pleased I took my time with this project, I am not a very regular figurine painter, but I am pretty happy with how they both finally turned out.

cY2Mo0L.jpg
yi0WI5N.jpg
IK7m9HC.jpg
kWYlMC7.jpg
D8lpH3w.jpg
92OsjzH.jpg
hKnVBiG.jpg
1h05NBX.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 5