1/48 - Reggiane Re.2005 Sagittario by Sword Models - released

Homebee

I totally agree - its a Plastic injection - simplified version of the Flying Machines kit -

with no resin to play with , and the Flying Macjhines Kit had a vac-formed canopy if memory serves me right

I think the one to go for would be from Special Hobby , frankly ( it should be far more detailed )

15 hours ago, 73north said:

I totally agree - its a Plastic injection - simplified version of the Flying Machines kit -

with no resin to play with , and the Flying Macjhines Kit had a vac-formed canopy if memory serves me right

I think the one to go for would be from Special Hobby , frankly ( it should be far more detailed )

Are you sure this is related to the Flying Machines kit ? To me it looks more like a scaled up clone of Sword's own 1/72 kit. Or a scaled down clone of PCM's 1/32 kit, that was also made by Sword.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Going to eat my words and say the Sword seems a better kit , especially with the 2 part canopy - and attention to detail

The Special Hobby kit has astonished me with offering it with the dumb one part canopy , don't model companies realise you want the canopy open

to view the cockpit interior nowadays ?

No, I don't want the canopy open and ruin the lines of the aircaft.  Perhaps they are aware of a slightly wider market that you suggest.

OK, I don't model in 1/48 either.  But I don't think that model companies are dumb to produce kits for those who like that sort of thing …  Or if I did, I wouldn't be so dumb as to post the opinion on a website.  Jeez, have you never heard of a razor saw?

Edited by Graham Boak
  • Haha 1

On 11/20/2019 at 7:18 PM, Graham Boak said:

No, I don't want the canopy open and ruin the lines of the aircaft.  Perhaps they are aware of a slightly wider market that you suggest.

OK, I don't model in 1/48 either.  But I don't think that model companies are dumb to produce kits for those who like that sort of thing …  Or if I did, I wouldn't be so dumb as to post the opinion on a website.  Jeez, have you never heard of a razor saw?

I simply think , that the vast majority of modern kits have the cockpit either as an option of it being closed or posed open - and it saves a bit of time

having to source a Vac Form Canopy from Squadron - which I have done in the past for the Hasegawa Raiden J2M 1/48 .

Special Hobby - clearly took the comments posted on Facebook and have rectified the problem  - provide a 2 part canopy option 

I posted a simple opinion based on my experience of different kits and building them in 1/48 scale - feel free to differ its not a problem for me .

Anyway - I am just glad the 1/48 Re.2005 is getting some love .

Edited by 73north
  • Like 1