1/144 TYPE VII-C SUNKEN-COMMISSION BUILD.

Here is another sunken submarine-made for a commission from a guy that already had one of mine.

I normally do the 1/125 scale as I find these better for my ailing, cramping hands but, they are scarce and can be expensive so a 1/144 scale was used instead.

She is all done has been paid for and is off to her new home.

IMG-9035.jpg

IMG-9041.jpg

IMG-9044.jpg

IMG-9047.jpg

IMG-9049.jpg

IMG-9053.jpg

IMG-9073.jpg

Si.

• Like 21

9 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Eddiesolo, very authentic-looking marine growth on the hull, the big dent (depth charge?) is a nice touch. Regards, Jeff.

Hi Jeff, many thanks for popping by and the nice comment. Yeah, it is a depth charge, I normally do hatches open but thought this one closed, only one periscope is partially up and the conning tower equipment is in a semi up position, so a quick crash dive-two depth charges-one damaged the rear gun  and railings the other caused the buckling followed by the decompression force.  Well, that's the gibberish I am telling myself. 😃

9 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

Another masterpiece :yes:....

Cheers Vince, appreciate it mate.

8 hours ago, Ratch said:

Did you build up the corrosion with powders?

Very effective :goodjob:

Hi mate, no, I use a very, very fine sand, this leaves enough detail but also a more rough, growth like look. Glad you like it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Alan P said:

That's a brilliant rendition of a wrecked boat, really impressed with the textures and colours as well as the realistic damage.

Great job 👍

Alan

Bless you Alan, so pleased you dropped by and for commenting. Glad that she looks right, you always worry if you have got the look correct-especially if it is for someone  else.

• Like 1