Museum of Flight plans

sloegin57

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hmm, no mention of the mighty Vulcan in there, everything else outside, but not the Vulcan. I know, its an old report now, and I also know that the plan has been 'shelved' because of planning permission, they need to clear about 300 trees and the green people are not in favour at all. They are not allowed to build on the site of the museum because its now a historic site, so anything built would have to be just outside of the airfield boundary. A few years back Concorde came in through that way and across the fields over sommerfield matting but the plan for this new building involves the clearing of about 300 trees. I was more concerned about the Vulcan because this one took part in the Black Buck missions to attack enemy radar in the Falklands, XM597 was the Vulcan that had to land in Rio because their refuel probe was broken, they were denied access but they then declared that there was nowhere else to go and as they were so short of fuel they WERE coming in.

The Vulcan is badly needing shelter before there isn't enough of her left to save.

East Fortune, this was the only place to open a museum as it was already noted in history, Edinburgh is too busy as an airport, there isn't anywhere near Glasgow airport; and now its like the museum is outgrowing its venue. Something needs to be done to break the stalemate.

I can't see why Concorde couldn't be outside for a bit tbh; Duxfords Concorde is much older and sits outside.