T-34 Mounting 88mm FlaK 37

Kingsman

I came across this photo courtesy of Mr Google while looking for somethinge else entirely.  New one on me.  Ingenuity (if not practicality!) seems to know no bounds, although with track that slack it isn't going to be mobile for long before it throws one..........  Let's take something already large and supersize it.  It seems that the mount pedestal has been unbolted from the field platform and bolted to a (presumably very substantial) plate over the turret ring.

Looking at the assembled audience I'm thinking there's a caption competition here.  Does anyone know the German for "WTF"?

cULcuIa.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SleeperService said:

The 88mm was fitted onto Panzer IV hulls though. Panzerwrecks has several photos showing the hulls to be driver training vehicles (or hulls produced for SPGs).

I guess your referring to this one, which isn't  fake imagery

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Look like field modifications rather than factory built production models.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, alanmac said:

I guess your referring to this one, which isn't  fake imagery

spacer.png

Look like field modifications rather than factory built production models.

They are the ones. Thank You for the images. Apparently there were a few of them to the same design, better than dragging an 88mm through mud though.

On 9/6/2019 at 7:49 PM, alanmac said:

It's a fake, been circulating on the internet for a few years. The original picture of the T34 they "photoshopped" the 88 onto.

Ah: the proverbial fake news again.  Well it certainly had me fooled.  Unlike some of the photoshop forgeries out there it's very well done and actually quite plausible, even down to the ammo boxes on the rear deck.

Apologies for bringing it up again, people.  I had no idea it had been debunked already.

5 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

Ah: the proverbial fake news again.  Well it certainly had me fooled.  Unlike some of the photoshop forgeries out there it's very well done and actually quite plausible, even down to the ammo boxes on the rear deck.

Apologies for bringing it up again, people.  I had no idea it had been debunked already.

No need to apologise, unless these fake news items are dubunked regularly they become fact.