I`ve bitten the bullet,...... 1/72nd Valom Albemarle S.T.Mk.V! **FINISHED**

tonyot

On 18/10/2019 at 10:10, 72modeler said:

Wish the R-1830-powered variant had been proceeded with, as I sure liked the looks of those cowlings and props.

Mike

According to Wiki, the proposed Mk.IV would have had Wright R-2600's, not P&W R-1830's. The P&W's only produced 1200hp. A bit low for an Albemarle.

" The Mk III and Mk IV Albemarles were development projects for testing different powerplants; the former used the Rolls-Royce Merlin III and the latter used the 1,600 hp (1,200 kW) Wright Double Cyclone "

Chris

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nickthebrief said:

Another lovely result Tony - always a pleasure to follow your builds.

Nick.

Cheers Nick,....nice of you to say so,...... I`ll try to build a few more models in the near future.

6 hours ago, dogsbody said:

According to Wiki, the proposed Mk.IV would have had Wright R-2600's, not P&W R-1830's. The P&W's only produced 1200hp. A bit low for an Albemarle.

" The Mk III and Mk IV Albemarles were development projects for testing different powerplants; the former used the Rolls-Royce Merlin III and the latter used the 1,600 hp (1,200 kW) Wright Double Cyclone "

Chris

Thanks Chris,..... I had a feeling that those P&W`s might have been a bit feeble for an Albemarle,... good engines but not quite a pair of Hercules!

5 hours ago, rob85 said:

That’s a mighty fine model Tony! Lovely work

Rob

Thanks Rob,...... nice of you to say so, cheers. 

5 hours ago, CedB said:

Gorgeous result Tony - let's see more models soon! :) 

Thanks Ced,..... I`ll try my best!! 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Greg Law said:

That's a fantastic model Tony.  Well worth the effort. 👍

Cheers Greg,...... yeah it was,..... always wanted a half decent Albemarle in my collection and it is much better than my old vacuform! 

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 2