Dragon Tank Commander 1/16 for a Dio

Soeren

Hey there, just finished my Tank Commander that I once bought for a small Dio of my 1/16th scale RC Jagdpanther. Had a break on that project for about a year and now came back for it with enough conficence for the figure. So here he is, some touch ups might still be needed once on the Dio, but I guess I will leave him like this.

He was painted with Vallejo acrylics and shaded with Army Painter washes for the most part. Some Matt varnish and finished with a dry brush of Abtl 502 Dust Oil Paint

Thanks for watching and some helpful comments, I am still learning.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

He turned out very well. The camo is really good.

I know you've finished but it's not too late or you can remember for your next one. Try a very thin wash of  dark blue or a grey blue on the beard area and above the top lip. Really thin paint and remove most of it from your brush onto a paper towel. You don't want to see anything for the first couple of passes but build it up slowly so as not to over do it, subtlety is the key. 

Roger.  

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Roger Newsome said:

He turned out very well. The camo is really good.

I know you've finished but it's not too late or you can remember for your next one. Try a very thin wash of  dark blue or a grey blue on the beard area and above the top lip. Really thin paint and remove most of it from your brush onto a paper towel. You don't want to see anything for the first couple of passes but build it up slowly so as not to over do it, subtlety is the key. 

Roger.  

Hey Roger thx,  that is a very good point and it is never too late to do such thing. Also thought about adding some dirt, that could also be added to the face. But that wI'll need to wait until I put him on the dio. Will try that black Blue though. It's always nice to add another tint to a model.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Soeren said:

Hey Roger thx,  that is a very good point and it is never too late to do such thing. Also thought about adding some dirt, that could also be added to the face. But that wI'll need to wait until I put him on the dio. Will try that black Blue though. It's always nice to add another tint to a model.

You're welcome, just remember to go slowly and build up the unshaven look gradually.