Douglas A-4 Skyhawk STGB Chat

I'm really pleased about the news from H2K.  I have a few Fujimi a-4s in The Stash, but they are all early versions without the avionics pack.  I'm really pleased to see this one available. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Andwil said:

If I can get my hands on a suitable kit I’d like to join in with an RAN plane.

AW

You are more than welcome Andwil, I shall add you to the list, and a RAN A-4 will be most welcome in the GB.

3 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I'm really pleased about the news from H2K.  I have a few Fujimi a-4s in The Stash, but they are all early versions without the avionics pack.  I'm really pleased to see this one available. 

I think this news  will please quite a lot of people who have been after these for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, gingerbob said:

Ooh, somehow I think I missed this one.  And I'm relieved that it isn't until next year, because I'm behind enough already right now!

I know exactly what you mean, I am way behind where I want to be with my builds so yes it is a good job that we have a year to go!

I shall add your name to the list.

8 hours ago, stevej60 said:

I have a Hasegawa 1/72 scale kit in the stash,I'll try and pick up a Matchbox kit at some point before the kick off.

Really glad to be able to add your name to the list Steve, at least we know who will be first in the gallery! :) 

I built a few of the Matchbox kits in my youth and liked them, especially the colourful markings for the 2 options in the kit and the big Bullpup missiles.

1 minute ago, modelling minion said:

Having a 1/32 A-4 in the GB will be excellent Mark, will you be finishing her as Lady Jessie?

Yes, the decals look ok, so being a A-4 novice I'll stick to OOB with maybe some minor added details.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Dansk said:

have you seen this craig?...

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/top-gun-a-4-skyhawk.html

(Expected summer 2020)

No Paul I wasn't aware of that.

I hope it's not their dreadful old tool (although the box shown is that one), mind you even if it is their new one it is still the wrong mark as Jester's A-4 was an A-4E not an A-4B/C which is what Airfix's kit is, mind you that never stopped them when they released their old kit in Top Gun markings!

Don't forget to watch the film and make cheesy quotes on May 13th, Top Gun day!!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dansk said:

have you seen this craig?...

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/top-gun-a-4-skyhawk.html

(Expected summer 2020)

5 hours ago, modelling minion said:

No Paul I wasn't aware of that.

I hope it's not their dreadful old tool (although the box shown is that one), mind you even if it is their new one it is still the wrong mark as Jester's A-4 was an A-4E not an A-4B/C which is what Airfix's kit is, mind you that never stopped them when they released their old kit in Top Gun markings!

Don't forget to watch the film and make cheesy quotes on May 13th, Top Gun day!!!

Read some speculating the parts count matches the Fujimi kit :pray:

• Like 1