Douglas A-4 Skyhawk STGB Chat

I failed miserably last time with "Gold Member" (she's stripped back but I stuffed up the spoilers!! :crying:)!

Will try a different tact this time, have a 1/48th Hasegawa A-4M plus N conversion kit, so count me in with an Israeli Hotrod!!! :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I failed miserably last time with "Gold Member" (she's stripped back but I stuffed up the spoilers!! :crying:)!

Will try a different tact this time, have a 1/48th Hasegawa A-4M plus N conversion kit, so count me in with an Israeli Hotrod!!! :D

Good to have you onboard with this Rich, and with an Israeli N as well, I think that Israeli Scooters are going to be very popular.

Count me in - love the Skyhawk. I've got 3 Hasegawa 1/48 kits in the stash - an A-4C, TA-4J (which will become an OA-4M), and an A-4M - and on the lookout for more (could really do with a couple of A-4E's but haven't seen one at a reasonable price for a while).

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, zebra said:

Count me in - love the Skyhawk. I've got 3 Hasegawa 1/48 kits in the stash - an A-4C, TA-4J (which will become an OA-4M), and an A-4M - and on the lookout for more (could really do with a couple of A-4E's but haven't seen one at a reasonable price for a while).

Great of you to join in too Zebra, and with some very nice kits and possibilities.

I like your idea of turning the TA-4J into an OA-4M, should be very interesting to watch.

I know what you mean about wanting more Hasegawa A-4 kits but like you say they go for very silly money sometimes. I have a few of the Hobbycraft boxings which I know are not quite as good as the Hasegawa ones but they are still good and come with a load of weapons, unlike the Hasegawa kits which come with nothing but fuel tanks.

6 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Ah, the success of your P-40 is leaning you towards more larger projects Rich, not that the A-4 is too large an aircraft for 1/32.

hmmm maybe all the excitement is going to my head.....reality tells me I really have no space left for big stuff (let alone the normal stuff)! I'm going to have to put stuff away to make room for new stuff now!

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

hmmm maybe all the excitement is going to my head.....reality tells me I really have no space left for big stuff (let alone the normal stuff)! I'm going to have to put stuff away to make room for new stuff now!

I was going to say Rich, to save space build one with folded wings... er, on second thoughts that’s probably not a good idea for this GB! 

• Haha 3

now that would be something different! :D

Don't worry my first jet in 1/32nd (I've forgotten about the other 2 in the very dim past) goes actually have folding wings........though sweeping! ECR Tonka!!

• Like 1

Hey, 

I'd like to play too. :D 

I've got more than five Israeli A-4's in the stash that are calling for my attention. 

And it gives me an excuse to try out AKAN's Israeli colours that I recently bought. :D 

/Bosse

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Marlin said:

Hey, 

I'd like to play too. :D 

I've got more than five Israeli A-4's in the stash that are calling for my attention. 

And it gives me an excuse to try out AKAN's Israeli colours that I recently bought. :D 

/Bosse

Welcome aboard Bosse, I don't think you will be the only one building Israeli A-4's, though you might be the only one building 5 :) .

Interested to see how AKAN's paints perform.

5 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Welcome aboard Bosse, I don't think you will be the only one building Israeli A-4's, though you might be the only one building 5 :) .

Interested to see how AKAN's paints perform.

Thanks, but I don't think I'll do all five. 

But perhaps a dual build. :hmmm: :D 

/Bosse

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...