Douglas A-4 Skyhawk STGB Chat

Thanks from me too Craig. A cracking theme you came up with and your good spirits, advice, dedication and support is warmly welcomed.

So when are we doing ‘Scooters Two’ ters ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dansk said:

Thanks from me too Craig. A cracking theme you came up with and your good spirits, advice, dedication and support is warmly welcomed.

So when are we doing ‘Scooters Two’ ters ?

Thanks Paul, that really is very much appreciated.

I think that we have to wait for two years before we can have around 2 of an A-4 GB, should we all build 2 seaters for that one? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Voted, but man...I easily could've done a blind pick from at least a dozen builds and been happy with my votes.

Cracking builds fellas.  :cheers:

• Like 2

Well with the voting over (thanks to those of you that cast your votes) we have a winner and that is Julian's ( @zebra) excellent two tone A-4M from the NATC, second came Rich's ( @trickyrich) really nice IDF/AF A-4N and third came some dodgy Kuwaiti A-4KU.

A big thank you again to all who took part and looked in on peoples builds along the way, you guys made hosting this GB a lot of fun and virtually effortless.

Craig.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Well with the voting over (thanks to those of you that cast your votes) we have a winner and that is Julian's ( @zebra) excellent two tone A-4M from the NATC, second came Rich's ( @trickyrich) really nice IDF/AF A-4N and third came some dodgy Kuwaiti A-4KU.

A big thank you again to all who took part and looked in on peoples builds along the way, you guys made hosting this GB a lot of fun and virtually effortless.

Craig.

Well that was most unexpected, not least because it had escaped my attention that a poll was happening, and I think there were plenty of models better than mine in the GB (Trickyrich, Fabrice Simon, Dansk and whoever made that dodgy Kuwaiti A-4KU, your models were superb), I think the attention-grabbing colour scheme might have distracted a few people from the model's flaws! Thanks everyone!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

.... did someone mention my name???? :D  

..... and was there a poll? :blink:  .....and I know now because I went looking...... pools of late have been a bit few and far between...anyway.

Thanks, there were some really lovely builds in the gallery, many of which I'd be very proud to have on my shelf.... even that "dodgy Kuwaiti" one! :D Though for me Paul's( @Dansk) A-4M is my fav.

Thanks for putting on a great show Craig, was lots of fun..... now if I could just afford/find a Hasegawa A-4H!!

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Thanks for putting on a great show Craig, was lots of fun..... now if I could just afford/find a Hasegawa A-4H!!

Glad that you enjoyed the GB Rich, I know what you mean about the Hasegawa A-4H (and others) about time that they were re-released.

9 hours ago, zebra said:

Well that was most unexpected, not least because it had escaped my attention that a poll was happening, and I think there were plenty of models better than mine in the GB (Trickyrich, Fabrice Simon, Dansk and whoever made that dodgy Kuwaiti A-4KU, your models were superb), I think the attention-grabbing colour scheme might have distracted a few people from the model's flaws! Thanks everyone!

Yours is a great model Julian and a deserving winner and to have achieved the perfect alignment of the colours is no mean feat.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Electric Indigo said:

Just a heads-up for anybody who feels inspired by the GB to get his hands on a Skyhawk: The Hasegawa 1:48 A-4M is back in stores currently!

http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/product/pt33/

Thanks for letting us know. Always good to be able to add more Skyhawks to the stash, just wish they would release the earlier versions for a change. 

27 minutes ago, helios16v said:

I wonder if I could use an M as a basis for an IAF N?  :hmmm:

Research time!

I think that you can Chris, you will need the extended jet pipe and 30mm cannon but you can get aftermarket ones. The nose panels are different but that's an easy fix, I think the nose shape is the same or as near as damn it. 

I'm going to refrain for now.....I still have 4 A-4s in the closet waiting to be built in various guises.  But I'll probably keep my eyes open for a deal on one though (along w/ suitable decals).  Because who doesn't like a sale?  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Would anyone know where I could get or make up decals for this A4B

A4-Branding.jpg

that was the first Skyhawk of any kind to land on HMAS Melbourne?

Edited by Rob S
Spelling
  • Like 1