Douglas A-4 Skyhawk STGB Chat

6 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Jeez, I better get started then. :D

Seriously, I have got an Airfix starter set out if stock & applied some paint to the cockpit. Photos & a thread should appear by the end of the week, maybe. ;)

Steve.

It would be great if you can join us Steve, your presence is always very welcome in a GB.

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't say no.  :lol:

But I think I'll be close in any rate.  Fingers crossed I'll have some paint on this coming weekend (holiday weekend).  Then just decals and stores next week if all goes well.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Well I am very pleased to announce that our glorious GB moderator Enzo the great has agreed to an extension to the GB, our new end date is now the 20th June. So no excuses for not finishing now Chris!😁

Oh don't worry.....I'm sure I can find some!  :rofl2:

I might get distracted w/ the Vigi.....:boom:

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Well, I dropped the ball on my build, lacking mojo so it will not be finished. Nice to see all those great completed builds in the gallery 🏆.

Well done chaps!

Very sorry to hear that you won't be completing your Skyhawk Ray but thanks for having taken part.

• Like 1

Okay guys the GB is now over!

A huge thank you to all of you who have taken part in this GB, you have made the job of looking after it very easy and great fun. We have had some absolutely fantastic models completed and there has been lots of sharing of information, help and advice too, something that I think makes Britmodeller stand out from other sites.

I shall get a gallery up and running in the next couple of days and then you can vote for the models in the gallery which you like the most.

Thanks again guys.

Craig.

• Like 5

Good morning Everybody 

I would like to say a big Thank you to Craig aka Modelling Minion for proposing and hosting this Gb and Bravo to all the participants ..

I have greatly appreciated to participate even if I could build only one model because of all the very interesting Gbs taking place at the same time ..

Best Regards 

Patrice  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

👍 from me as well :) Even with the sparse time I had at the bench, it's been fun doing this GB and it made me build something I've had in the stash since the late 1980's :D

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

👍 from me as well :) Even with the sparse time I had at the bench, it's been fun doing this GB and it made me build something I've had in the stash since the late 1980's :D

Really glad that you enjoyed the GB, and I really enjoyed you showing us what can be done with an older kit.