Douglas A-4 Skyhawk STGB Chat

40 minutes ago, basket said:

Hi all !

A juste read some of you happen to have more decal sheets than kits.

Maybe , some guys would like to get rid of this one :

Twobobs ref 48-132 , or maybe another aggressor sheet for scooters.

Thanks in advance and best regards to you all.

I don't have that sheet Remy but do have other aggressor options on some other sheets, which version of Skyhawk are you looking for markings for?

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

I don't have that sheet Remy but do have other aggressor options on some other sheets, which version of Skyhawk are you looking for markings for?

Hi Craig , in fact it can be a Mike ( to go with the re-issueing scheduled for next july ) , but a  F is also among my targets  , depending on the scheme itself .

Not to mention a K early in SEA camo . Maybe we can switch to PM mode ?

2 hours ago, PinkThorn242 said:

Oh crap I'd completely forgotten about this GB. Kind of had a motivation breakdown during the Gulf War GB when my airbrush packed up. ><

Well we're still here and if you feel like joining in you would be most welcome.

We have all been through the lack of motivation, especially when our equipment lets us down.

Still not started as yet but there is an A4 Skyhawk on its way to Prestwick due in 10mins and back out at 1;40...I might head down for inspiration

2 seater

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Still not started as yet but there is an A4 Skyhawk on its way to Prestwick due in 10mins and back out at 1;40...I might head down for inspiration

2 seater

You are very lucky to have a chance to see a Skyhawk, the best kind of inspiration is seeing the real thing. I assume it's one of the ones based at Wittmund. 

• Like 1

Possibly..was my big mate who photographs aircraft text me. He did say they were going to Germany after this stop over at 1;40 I need to get some binoculars on the way...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Possibly..was my big mate who photographs aircraft text me. He did say they were going to Germany after this stop over at 1;40 I need to get some binoculars on the way...

Any pictures that you are able to share would be very welcome indeed.

• Like 1

My mate just sent a video of it landing, lovely 2 tone grey camouflage scheme and really good noise. I’m definitely going to see it and SWMBO is coming with me lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

My mate just sent a video of it landing, lovely 2 tone grey camouflage scheme and really good noise. I’m definitely going to see it and SWMBO is coming with me lol 

They are painted in a very attractive scheme.

Looks like you have had a couple of RAF Hercules drop in too.

• Like 1

Indeed you had young man!:poke:

Young? Young?

The owner of my local hobby shop sometimes jokingly addresses me as "young fella", even though I have several years on him. I do look young though, no denying that.

Anyway, I wasn't completely idle on the modelling front over the past few weeks, but it has been difficult to get any real traction. Just need to psyche myself up ...

• Like 1

They are painted in a very attractive scheme.

Looks like you have had a couple of RAF Hercules drop in too.

Hercs were fabulous, showing their age, never seen a green one before, in and out good show. A-4 is staying over after all that...some technical issue. Back tomorrow to see it off

• Like 1

Well after 3 days of no Skyhawk take off she finally went this morning, and I missed it. My pal sent me his pics and to add insult to injury says they put on a wee engine test right next to the gathered group huddled against the snow wind

51162639945_ef27a4c0a1_b.jpg

• Like 5

That looks good in that scheme, not up to the Draken ones in the ex Kiwi scheme of course ;) but good all the same. Whose were these before they went civvy, does anyone know?

Thanks for sharing that photo. ;)

Steve.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Valkyrie said:

Well after 3 days of no Skyhawk take off she finally went this morning, and I missed it.

Well isn't that typical! Great picture though, thanks for sharing it.

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

Whose were these before they went civvy, does anyone know?

This one is ex-IDF Steve, though I notice the extended exhaust has been removed.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

This one is ex-IDF Steve, though I notice the extended exhaust has been removed.

Thanks Craig, the lack of long tail pipe threw me off it being IDF but I guess if they can put them on, they can also remove them.  It looks a helluva lot better without it. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Okay folks we are now down to two weeks until the end of the GB!

Jeez, I better get started then. :D

Seriously, I have got an Airfix starter set out if stock & applied some paint to the cockpit. Photos & a thread should appear by the end of the week, maybe. ;)

Steve.

• Like 1