Douglas A-4 Skyhawk STGB Chat

8 hours ago, planecrazee said:

Hey MM, 

Can you count me in for this GB please. I also have the airfix kit in the stash which I'd like to liberate from the cupboard and get it built so this GB provides the perfect excuse :thumbsup:

Thanks

Kris

Absolutely Kris, welcome aboard with what is going to be a very popular choice of kit.

Craig.

@Valkyrie, @Romeo Alpha Yankee, @helios16v, @Jabba, @stevehnz, @Corsairfoxfouruncle, @Foxbat, @franky boy, @CliffB, @Rabbit Leader, @polybebber, @Arniec, @trickyrich, @madcat911, @zebra, @TEMPESTMK5, @Hockeyboy76, @Marlin, @almac, @exdraken, @Col., @Boman, @Jens, @srkirad, @Andwil, @gingerbob, @MarkSH, @stevej60, @reini, @klr, @depressed lemur, @PinkThorn242, @Bbdave, @alt-92, @Marklo, @Dermo245, @John Masters, @rafalbert, @Peter W, @Scooby, @abat, @Jb65rams, @RJ-WobblyHands, @jean, @planecrazee, @Dansk, @Covjets13, @Anatol Pigwa and @Enzo Matrix of course, this is a friendly reminder ladies and gentlemen that the A_4 Skyhawk STGB starts in one weeks time so if you haven't already got your kits/decals/paints sorted you just about have time to do so.

I look forward to seeing your builds, and judging by the names we have there's going to be a LOT of them! Looks like I am going to be busy!

Craig.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

38 minutes ago, Anatol Pigwa said:

Wait this one is coming now up as well?

March will be a very busy month indeed!

Yes this is a very busy modelling time for a lot of us, me included!

31 minutes ago, John Masters said:

The madness never ends...

See above!  🤪

Its a non-stop rollercoaster of modelling madness!

11 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

I may have to shuffle things a bit, my preferred option is stuck in my wishlist at Hannant's as they still don't ship to mainland Europe. 

Sorry to hear that, I hope you are able to source a replacement build.

1 minute ago, modelling minion said:

Good choice Steve, I do like the two seaters.

Hasegawa 1/72 kit Craig nice white training scheme,looking out for a Blue Angel example for later on they pop up on e-bay at regular interval's.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Glad you got out a couple of warning shots Craig, tamiya AS-16 and a 1/48 A-4 just freshly ordered from Wonderland...

Argentine A-4 Q 

Very nice choice, the A-4Q's look great in either their original US Navy scheme or later paint jobs, especially with the quite colourful Argentine markings.

• Thanks 1

A week away? I’m falling behind already. 

Lets see I have a Bedford MK and a Jag GR1 to finish in the Gulf war GB, a Vampire to start in the Mates and Bros GB, something for the Africa GB and now this. Anybody would think I was in lockdown with time on my hands!!!!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Which kit did you get for it? Haven't been able to find an early Hasegawa single seater for a while that didn't need me re-mortgaging the house.

Oh no, I’m hoping I can make the one I bought into an A4-Q then....yikes Italeri? I just saw a version from 1970 on the instruction picture and thought that will do? Awe naw 

• Like 1

Just now, Valkyrie said:

Oh no, I’m hoping I can make the one I bought into an A4-Q then....yikes Italeri? I just saw a version from 1970 on the instruction picture and thought that will do? Awe naw 

It’s the E/F kit....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/hobby-2000-72029-a-4b-skyhawk--1311294

Try and see if you can get one of those. The A-4Q is based on the -B.

1 minute ago, Valkyrie said:

It’s the E/F kit....

Indeed it is, what you need is a B/C kit for a Q. The nose is much shorter than on the E, not sire if you will be able to re-profile the kits nose into shape. The kit you have is actually an old ESCI one re-boxed and is a pretty good kit if you just wanted to build it as an E/F.

• Thanks 1