Douglas A-4 Skyhawk STGB Chat

at the moment I soooo want this one to get up but on the other hand I'm hoping not sort of???  

My build schedule for next year is looking frighteningly busy! With a possible 8 or 9 GB's plus the possibility of Hosting 3 of them....have conveniently forgotten about one's I'm Co-Hosting! :whistle: One of these day's I'll learn to say no....and i keep saying that too.

But all said and done a IDF A-4N would really fit the build....guess next year I'll be chained to the work bench again! :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Col. said:

I do have an A-4 in the stash from the Italeri 'Top Gun' boxing so why not put my name on the list as well please :shrug:

Great to have you sign up Col. If I remember right the A-4 in the Italeri "Top Gun" boxing is the old ESCI molding which is quite a good kit, will you be building it in Top Gun markings?

2 hours ago, Boman said:

Think I'll chime in too as I have a couple of Hasegawa A-4E/F's and a TA-4J "in stock"

When is the planned group build date?

Great to have you join up too Boman, I think Hasegawa's A-4's will be very popular in 1/48.

I don't know yet when the build  date will be, it depends on when we get the numbers (hopefully not long now) and our GB master @Enzo Matrix.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

The earliest available STGB slot starts on 6 March 2021.

In the interests of full disclosure, I'm currently building an Airfix A-4. 

Plenty of time for us to get whatever kits and bits we require then!

Fancy building another one (or two) in around 16 months time?

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Great to have you sign up Col. If I remember right the A-4 in the Italeri "Top Gun" boxing is the old ESCI molding which is quite a good kit, will you be building it in Top Gun markings?

Thank you for the warm welcome :) The master-plan is indeed to do it as 'Viper's' bird from Top Gun although I've since read the decals could be more accurate :( They are, however, the only option I know of for this machine so will just have to make the best of it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Col. said:

Thank you for the warm welcome :) The master-plan is indeed to do it as 'Viper's' bird from Top Gun although I've since read the decals could be more accurate :( They are, however, the only option I know of for this machine so will just have to make the best of it.

You are most welcome Col.

I'm not sure if there are any aftermarket decals for Jester's jet in 1/72, I know that there are some in 1/48 including an old set by microscale and they usually had the same available in 1/72. I assume from your location that you are not going to the UK Nationals this weekend, there is a second hand decal trader who seems to know every set ever made by heart and I will ask him if he has any for you.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

You are most welcome Col.

I'm not sure if there are any aftermarket decals for Jester's jet in 1/72, I know that there are some in 1/48 including an old set by microscale and they usually had the same available in 1/72. I assume from your location that you are not going to the UK Nationals this weekend, there is a second hand decal trader who seems to know every set ever made by heart and I will ask him if he has any for you.

Alas no Telford trip for me but if you do see him and get a chance to ask I'd really appreciate that :thumbsup: Have a good time there.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jens said:

I always have some Skyhawks in progress so why not join this STGB... I'm in.

Jens

9 hours ago, srkirad said:

I could join this one with a pair of Platz 1/144 A-4Es

Srđan

Thank you Jens and Srdan you are both very welcome in the GB, especially as with you joining I believe we have reached the magic number required for the GB to get the go ahead!

Oh @Enzo Matrix! One more STGB ready for the nearest date available :) .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

according to Enzo/Ernie the earliest time will be March 2021..... that's like I'm bound to have forgotten about this time away! :wacko: 

Least now I can move my Skyhawk further down the build list!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dansk said:

Go on Craig I’m excited about this, can you add me to the list.

Probably a hasegawa 1/48 us navy grey/white, not sure

I wish eduard still did the scooter boxing

Fantastic that you have decided to join us Paul and interesting that I think you are the first to decide to build an A-4 in it's original colours and in the markings of it's original operator. The Eduard boxing was nice and had some nice extras but I'm sure we can scrounge up some US Navy markings for you between us for you.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...