Tamiya F-15C, 1/48th Lakenheath Eagles...

Airgunner

Wow, fantastic work!

In case you want to have  a realustic LN Eagle, leave at least the ECM pods and those pylons off. They were never used... Tamiya included here planned loadouts or for the prototyoes... 

3 hours ago, exdraken said:

Wow, fantastic work!

In case you want to have  a realustic LN Eagle, leave at least the ECM pods and those pylons off. They were never used... Tamiya included here planned loadouts or for the prototyoes... 

Hi, thanks for the info, stored for the future. I didn’t think they should be there as I’ve not seen them on a single photo, but as I have nothing in the spares box that could go there so they went just to fill the gaps. Tamiya don’t supply much in the box, I did think if leaving the pylons off all together but it does look better with something there even if it’s inaccurate. 

3 hours ago, Airgunner said:

Hi, thanks for the info, stored for the future. I didn’t think they should be there as I’ve not seen them on a single photo, but as I have nothing in the spares box that could go there so they went just to fill the gaps. Tamiya don’t supply much in the box, I did think if leaving the pylons off all together but it does look better with something there even if it’s inaccurate. 

Problem is even the pylons should not go there... seems these hardpoints are only activated on the very latest Strike Eagles!

On a C model no chance to see them !

Interesting, given the date of release. Maybe they should only be on a prototype.? In the very near future I intend to do a Lakenheath Strike Eagle, hopefully the GWH kit, so I will make sure that’s accurate. This was just a fun build as I’m most certainly not a jet man.