"100 Above Captain" - British Airways 747-436 on finals - Revell 1/144 747-400

6 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

I'm not an airliner fan, but this is gorgeous. Very nicely built and a great display mount, with cars on the correct side of the road! 

My only comment would be the lack of a recess in the wing leading edges for the slats to retract into, and if that's all I can come up with, I'd say you did a damn good job!

Ian

Cheers Ian - Thanks for your interest here - the leading edge flaps do have their recess, it just does not show up well - here's a snap of them being cut out in the WIP stages a good while ago now. The task was not what I would call fun, more of a must have though!

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-24 at 17.41.34

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-24 at 21.47.10

• Like 1

Truly magnificent diorama, beautiful weathering on the  aircraft, superb scratch building on the runway lights, once again you take Civil Aircraft modelling to a whole new level. A possible Telford winner. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Beefy said:

Truly magnificent diorama, beautiful weathering on the  aircraft, superb scratch building on the runway lights, once again you take Civil Aircraft modelling to a whole new level. A possible Telford winner. 

Cheers Beefy - all I need to do is add a pair of rope handles to that huge carriage crate and it's all done - one set of handles being for you to help lug it about the country of course ! 

• Haha 1

Hi John! 

These ones get a WOW! Really nice work. I really love the diorama bases...if that's really a diorama. I hope to someday be in the place where I can see the real airplane pass overhead so close, as you have depicted, and at the location that you have replicated. Fantastic work. This really draws attention to your superior skill and imagination. Very nice indeed! :clap:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Challenger350Pilot said:

Hi John! 

These ones get a WOW! Really nice work. I really love the diorama bases...if that's really a diorama. I hope to someday be in the place where I can see the real airplane pass overhead so close, as you have depicted, and at the location that you have replicated. Fantastic work. This really draws attention to your superior skill and imagination. Very nice indeed! :clap:

Thanks ever so much for the kind words there - if you can ever find a good enough excuse to come over from the other side of the globe, then find the time to spend the day up at our LHR where our fleet of 34 747's come and go on a daily basis - luckily the fleet is no longer spread between LHR and Gatwick, and don't travel down-under any more, so all our big birds focus their journeys from the same footprint of tarmac in London nowadays.

This is a stunning build, I was lucky enough to see this in the flesh as it were at my first visit to IPMS Farnborough last night and it took my breath away. As a total novice I can't even begin to imagine the time and dedication it must have taken to put this together.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:30 AM, bobakloogs said:

This is a stunning build, I was lucky enough to see this in the flesh as it were at my first visit to IPMS Farnborough last night and it took my breath away. As a total novice I can't even begin to imagine the time and dedication it must have taken to put this together.

many thanks - I'm glad you enjoyed the diorama

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 5:23 PM, limeypilot said:

I'm not an airliner fan, but this is gorgeous. Very nicely built and a great display mount, with cars on the correct side of the road! 

My only comment would be the lack of a recess in the wing leading edges for the slats to retract into, and if that's all I can come up with, I'd say you did a damn good job!

Ian

Hi Ian - many thanks - trust me, the leading edge slats do have their recesses, my photos just don't show it well. These were carefully cut out with a razor saw and took hours! - Glad you like the diorama too

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:07 AM, Mohawk said:

:wow::wow:and again :wow:

Mohawk

cheers Mohawk - John

15 minutes ago, Alan P said:

Was great to see it in the flesh last month, a fine job and tribute to the (so-called) QOTS 😛

Alan

Cheers Alan - glad you like it - I did ask CS about Narita and he went off to check his log books - it made him chuckle and he said there are now quite a few 3 and 4 stripers that refuse the route

• Like 1

Hi John,

I'm just catching up with recent airliner builds after being in "Phantom" mode the last month or so - don't think that I can add any new accolade to those that have gone before so, a fantastic model with a great display base.

Mike

• Like 1

• 4 months later...