"100 Above Captain" - British Airways 747-436 on finals - Revell 1/144 747-400

2 hours ago, 2Step said:

Great diorama - however, I am sorry to be the one pointing it out - I think your cars are driving on the wrong side of the road :giggle:

:)

I'm not sure about that but I can clearly see that they are not driving on the right side though.

It is a very nice setting to the plane. I like it very much. 

Edited by Orso
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Orso said:

I'm not sure about that but I can clearly see that they are not driving on the right side though.

It is a very nice setting to the plane. I like it very much. 

It's a road in the UK! They're on the right side or should I say, the left side !! 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

"I am happy with that build"

Hi John,

Yes and so you should be! It's brilliant, one of the best builds I've seen. I always love a model which tells a story and this one certainly does! The end of a long flight just a few more seconds to go.

Congratulations on the work you've done on the wings, both the dropped flaps and slats and the great weathering, they're always the grubbiest part of any airliner.

Love it.

What's next?

Cheers,

Ian

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, F-32 said:

What a wonderful piece, absolutely first class (pardon the pun)

Thank you very much - I am glad you like her, be it in First, Business, Club, World Traveller or good old plain BA Steerage class!

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

Beautiful work, as a flight attendant for the aforementioned airline I can honestly say you've absolutely nailed it! 

Many thanks for the kind words

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Hi John,

Yes and so you should be! It's brilliant, one of the best builds I've seen. I always love a model which tells a story and this one certainly does! The end of a long flight just a few more seconds to go.

Congratulations on the work you've done on the wings, both the dropped flaps and slats and the great weathering, they're always the grubbiest part of any airliner.

Love it.

What's next?

Cheers,

Ian

Glad you like it Ian - I was aware you would have an interest in this build. I have a half built 1/144 BEA A319 on the bench and that 1/144 TU 144 is collecting dust but for the now, I am building Valoms 1/48 BN Islander as something a bit different from my norm - I'll be back on the heavies / civies again soon for sure

I'm not an airliner fan, but this is gorgeous. Very nicely built and a great display mount, with cars on the correct side of the road! 

My only comment would be the lack of a recess in the wing leading edges for the slats to retract into, and if that's all I can come up with, I'd say you did a damn good job!

Ian

• Thanks 1