Anyone here tried a (actual name) "No-Name" brand compressor?

j_holtslander

Spraygunner [.com] sells these house brand "No-name" compressors which look like various other manufacturer's compressors that have been white-labelled and rebadged.

They may well be made in the same factory(?) Anyone here tried any of them? How do they stack up to the originals?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Well the rating plate of the sparmax type one says made in China, so I would think they are copies as Sparmax is made in Taiwan. If its anything like the first compressor I had from China I'd give them a miss

• 2 weeks later...

I have one similar to the second one shown, purchased from discounter TCP-Global via Ebay for (I believe) approx. $40.00 US. It was a 'stop-gap' purchase back when money was dear...and I honestly wasn't expecting it to last more than perhaps a year or two.

We are now in year 12 of our relationship, and it's still humming along...used once or twice a month, on average...still much quieter than a similar machine I purchased from Sears back in the late '70s, and which lasted close to 25 years.

I'm not saying my experience is anything close to 'standard'...but I've had pretty good luck with compressors...and 'cheap' doesn't necessarily mean bad.

• Like 1