This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Spookytooth

I don`t believe it!!!!

It`s September the 4th, and mince pies are on the shelf already.

I notice the Halloween stuff is beginning to appear too. But also, last year I was passing a department store in the city centre around Halloween when I saw workers putting up the Christmas decorations. 

But oddly enough I've already been thinking about Christmas lately. This year will be the first time Santa will bypass our house. 

Sad really. 

B&M homestores in Dumbarton have both their Halloween and some of their Christmas stuff on the shelves at the moment. Ridiculous and depressing. The year is being compressed into an endless round of consumerism.

1 hour ago, Spookytooth said:

I know, it's terrible. How come they've left it so late??

1 hour ago, Spookytooth said:

Love this time of year with the tasty morsels for sale and maybe a Stollen sooner rather than later.

53 minutes ago, Beardie said:

B&M homestores in Dumbarton have both their Halloween and some of their Christmas stuff on the shelves at the moment. Ridiculous and depressing. The year is being compressed into an endless round of consumerism.

To true sir, earlier and earlier each year.

Simon.

ah.. I can smell the cinnamon , mulled wine anyone?

I saw a brand new gritter lorry the other day.

And, Christmas doormats in a shop today. 

12 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I saw a brand new gritter lorry the other day.

And, Christmas doormats in a shop today. 

Pete...… you're getting out tooo much.

Stay indoors   you know it makes sense'

Happy Christmas , Easter ….everyday day of the week

Dick 

You can buy hot cross buns all year round, and I'm grateful for it.  And there's a very good bakery near the office in central London that sells mincemeat slices (a mince pie with nothing to keep the filling in when you bite it) alongside some cracking honey & walnut jobs.

By the way, my first Christmas cakes of the year came out of the oven on Sunday.  Three months' maturing is essential.

CHRISTMAS CAKE! YULE LOGS! I can't wait, only 95 more sleeps!!!

1 hour ago, RACETRACK said:

CHRISTMAS CAKE! YULE LOGS! I can't wait, only 95 more sleeps!!!

Aren't some people really depressing...………………………………...….. 95..... we're now down into double figures ......…… :analintruder:

I need to go back in time...….. now where did I leave my Tardis ???? :bye:

Dick

5th day of spring, and it hit 30C. That means that Christmas is coming. Bah Humbug.

14 hours ago, pigsty said:

You can buy hot cross buns all year round, and I'm grateful for it.  And there's a very good bakery near the office in central London that sells mincemeat slices (a mince pie with nothing to keep the filling in when you bite it) alongside some cracking honey & walnut jobs.

By the way, my first Christmas cakes of the year came out of the oven on Sunday.  Three months' maturing is essential.

As I mentioned before, I'm off to Morrisons to get the mince pies to go with the hot cross buns from Tesco. Or Sainsbury. or I might pick up Morrisons, too.

Thanks for the reminder on Christmas cake, I must remind my wife that 3 months maturing is essential.

(DUCKS ....... )

It's certainly catching up on us, Strictly is back on the TV on Saturday and there is only 3 more Prime Ministers until Christmas. Boom boom, I'm here all week, I thank you. :clown:

Duncan B

5 hours ago, Rob G said:

5th day of spring, and it hit 30C. That means that Christmas is coming. Bah Humbug.

Probably a hot one like last year. It's forecast to be less rain in the next few months.

I miss the snow at Christmas...

It was our son’s 25 on Monday 2nd. We went into town on Saturday to get a card and the shelves have Christmas cards for sale. So I got him one from the dogs!.

Steve.

4 hours ago, speedy said:

It was our son’s 25 on Monday 2nd. We went into town on Saturday to get a card and the shelves have Christmas cards for sale. So I got him one from the dogs!.

Steve.

7 dog years to 1 human year so the dogs should get a Christmas every 52 days (or thereabouts) 

Christmas stuff's been up since July around here, i really cant stand it until at least November but they do it anyways. 

Brown Thomas in Dublin City centre opened their Christmas shop at the beginning of August.  

My guess is to pull in the tourists to buy that Christmas decoration none of their neighbours have...

Stratford on Avon has a Christmas shop that's open all year.

I can't condone arson …….

1 minute ago, Gorby said:

Stratford on Avon has a Christmas shop that's open all year.

I can't condone arson but…….

To be honesy, I think that's OK.

As long as it sell nothing except Christmas stuff, then I can ignore it unti! The 1st of December.