Airfix Heinkel He111 H-6 Motörhead “Bomber” Special

Sebastien

23 minutes ago, neil5208 said:

Thanks Steve, have added to back order see if I can get one

Same here.

I have a friend in Canada who is a Mga Motorhead fan .... he is so jealous!

Edited by Whofan
Spelling amended fiend to friend. He's defnitely not a fiend !!

1 hour ago, Sean1968 said:

Is this April 1st lol

Then again I saw Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden fly a Fokker DR1 at Duxford a few years back.

wonder what will be next, an AC/DC DC3? Now that took some typing to get right.

Maybe a Planesavers DC3 C-FDTD as he flew it recently 😁...

Well i do think that this is still a great move from Airfix and i like the idea....

4 hours ago, fightersweep said:

Hannants also list this kit as 1/48 scale, so I hope all there potential orderers know it’s not. This boxing is certainly something a little left field but it’s good to see Airfix trying something new with some of their older kit moulds (like the 1/48 Canberra) to help pay the bills. It’s not exactly my cup of tea, however if it’s already sold out it may be another marketing angle they can look at. I wish them all the best. 

Cheers.. Dave 

1 hour ago, janneman36 said:

Maybe a Planesavers DC3 C-FDTD as he flew it recently 😁...

Well i do think that this is still a great move from Airfix and i like the idea....

Or a DFS DFW from Wingnut Wings. But hurry, sale ends this Sunday!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, fightersweep said:

Well, now's your chance! 🙂

Just occured to me that a limited edition 7" single would have been a great addition inside the box too!

Steve

I bought the Bomber single as a kid on blue vinyl, natch.

A Captain Lockheed & The Starfighters release would be fun.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Albeback52 said:

If they release the Angel Interceptor as a new 1/72 as opposed to 1/100 scale of the original then, I'd be up for that!!😀.

As to the Heinkel, I'm no Motorhead fan but, this is one I must have! Pre ordered!😀

Allan

The Airfix Angel Interceptor was not too far off 1/72, given that scaling a filming miniature is subjective - most 'Anderophiles' reckon its about 1/80. It is pretty accurate as well, as Airfix  had access to the one of the small filming miniatures. It was Imai that made one that scaled out at about 1/100, it also suffered from not being terribly accurate either.

I doubt Airfix will be rushing to repop it, as the last time it was about, a decade back it didn't sell well at all. I picked up a shipping box full of them for next to nothing.

Getting back on topic, this is really creative licensing from Airfix and a great way of selling their surplus stock of the He 111.

Tommo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid

1 hour ago, fightersweep said:

How about the worn out old 1/24 Spitfire get put out in an Iron Maiden / Aces High boxing with Eddie pilot figure?

That would be good, but you'd have to sort out which mark of the Spitfire to use.

When I went to their concert that featured a spitfire flying over the stage, I'd say it was a spitfire, but not necessarily all the right parts ;- )

{apologies to Eric Morecambe and Andre Preview.)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

How about a special edition of the Airfix Lancaster or B-17 with Iron maiden decals for "Tailgunner"? 

Dennis

Or if you are lucky enough to get more than one of these kits, use the spare decals on the Lancaster/B-17.?

Incidentally, for anybody interested, Wonderland here in Edinburgh has the kit available to pre order. Apparently available from 1st November.

Allan

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Whofan said:

That would be good, but you'd have to sort out which mark of the Spitfire to use.

When I went to their concert that featured a spitfire flying over the stage, I'd say it was a spitfire, but not necessarily all the right parts ;- )

{apologies to Eric Morecambe and Andre Preview.)

Good point. Maybe a marketing possibility for Starfix then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Out of stock already, eh? I wonder how many have been snaffled by some looking to cash in on the limited edition status by buying in multiple - unless Airfix have restricted buyers to x amount per customer. I’ve seen it before with limited run model railway products.

Look out for these appearing on eBay for double the RRP. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rickoshea52 said:

Out of stock already, eh? I wonder how many have been snaffled by some looking to cash in on the limited edition status by buying in multiple - unless Airfix have restricted buyers to x amount per customer. I’ve seen it before with limited run model railway products.

wait until the band members die and anything related will increase in value

1 minute ago, neil5208 said:

wait until the band members die and anything related will increase in value

In fairness, Lemmy's dead, as are  Philthy Animal Taylor and Fast Eddie Clarke who were the classic line up, so I suspect any rise in value due to their deaths occurred a while ago and is unikely to be repeated.

The principle is correct of course, and I'm hanging on to my Beatles CDs until Ringo and Paul die, I should make a fortune then.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rickoshea52 said:

More than likely! I remember when the Airfix TSR 2 appeared. Masses of them turned up on Ebay at vastly inflated prices. The worst I saw was £100!😮.

Someone had actually posted a question to the seller asking why such a high price. The reply ( and, I kid ye not!)was " Dunno mate! I'm just doing what everyone else seems to be doing"!

Allan.

• Like 1

An Airfix 1/48 Spitfire Iron Maiden "Aces High" Edition kit ought to ensue!

Just hope Monogram don't ever think about doing the same with a Mötley Crüe 1/144 "Rocketship" Edition kit! :lol: Durst not even think how gross that would be...

Yeh, me doesn't.

Cheers,

Unc2 

On 9/4/2019 at 12:39 PM, fightersweep said:

Now that is remakably "out of the box" thinking by Airfix. And being a bit partial to some Motorhead, I'm straight of to pre-order a couple of these. Nice one Airfix! 

Now, are there any other model/band cross overs we can think of. I do remember having Good and Gone by the Screaming Blue Messiahs back in the 80s, which I bought purely because it had P-47Ms on the cover. And wasn't there a Mike Oldfield album with an Electra or something on the cover?

Steve

Budgie did an album called 'Squawk', and had an interesting design on the cover:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squawk_(album)

An interesting take on the SR-71

It also had some odd track titles (Budgie were renowned for that!)

Cheers,

Ray

PS Bomber was a great album in my opinion too

On 9/5/2019 at 3:43 PM, fightersweep said:

How about the worn out old 1/24 Spitfire get's put out in an Iron Maiden / Aces High boxing with Eddie pilot figure?

Revell is already doing this in 1/32

1230361-15655-18-pristine.jpg

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-05688-spitfire-mkii-aces-high--1230361