28mm Storming Party with Petard

Hope no one got the wrong idea when I wrote Party,these guys I would  say were not having a party,far from it.the petard was a small box filled with explosives and they were teamed with other troops who cleared the way for them to place the explosives,when the fuse was lit the shout was "run like the devil",but many were slow on the go,and you can imagine what happened.These figures are all metal from Warlord in a pack of 10 with the Petard. I've included a pic of my evolving 1600's era figures.

Cheers Jim.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 8

Nice figures, really nicely done - well done Jim.

Being a Petardier was certainly no picnic.  The petard is effectively like a bell filled with gun powder which would need to be fixed (nailed and braced) securely right up against the door / wall etc with the open end in the direction you wanted to blast.  Not an easy job if you are under fire the whole time.  Gun powder is also notorious for its inconsistent burn time and petards had a reputation for firing before you were ready and clear.  Hence the expression "Hoisted on your own petard"...  If you were with the Petardier then you really were with the "Forlorn Hope"....

As I say, lovely figures well finished..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grey Beema said:

Nice figures, really nicely done - well done Jim.

Being a Petardier was certainly no picnic.  The petard is effectively like a bell filled with gun powder which would need to be fixed (nailed and braced) securely right up against the door / wall etc with the open end in the direction you wanted to blast.  Not an easy job if you are under fire the whole time.  Gun powder is also notorious for its inconsistent burn time and petards had a reputation for firing before you were ready and clear.  Hence the expression "Hoisted on your own petard"...  If you were with the Petardier then you really were with the "Forlorn Hope"....

As I say, lovely figures well finished..

Thanks for your comments and that very interesting info,Cheers.