HMS NIGHTINGALE

grahamwalker

What's to know? It would appear to be one of the many, many laser cut/photo etched flat sheet metal kits that are around now. They're available in different metals, differing degrees of accuracy and detail, and a multitude of subjects - I have a few earth moving types on the shelf that I really must make a start on.

Be aware that the kits usually rely on you to fit small (oh, how small...) tabs into slots, then bend or twist them to secure the bits together. It can be done, but it can also be a sore trial. Superglue or solder is another option. This kit is tiny when finished - another listing of it that I found says it's 4.7cm/1.8" when complete.

These kits are a nice diversion from plastic and superdetailing, and there's certainly a lot of different subjects that will never be found in plastic - if the subject is of interest and the material and assembly method doesn't trouble you, have at it. But do search around a bit for a better price - 12 quid is quite a lot for what you'll get. Enjoy (and maybe post a WIP?  :D )

• Like 1