Linking URLs

I have noticed if I post a link to a URL or image, it appears in the body of the post, but does not highlight, or an image link does not show, when I hit 'submit'. I have to return to it and 'edit', press enter, and it then becomes 'live'.

When you post a URL, you need to either press enter or space after it, as those are the triggers for the forum software to parse your text and do all the fancy stuff it does such as creating pics, converting text smileys to emojis etc.  Links are one such item that needs "finishing off" with a space or enter :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @Mike 

Help!

Now that I’ve ‘upgraded’ to IOS 13 on my iPhone I found yesterday that I can’t post pictures using the ‘normal’ way. Apparently I have to pinch and expand with three fingers to do the job. Not mastered it yet despite reading various websites for tips and it’s annoying me. Not only that but I now I’ve found that I can’t post links either, for I presume the same reason. Others have found this too and it appears only to affect BM but as I don’t post pictures or links on other sites I wouldn’t know.

Is this something the webmeisters are aware of?

Trevor the frustrated

21 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

Is this something the webmeisters are aware of?

Narp :fraidnot: There's probably nowt we could do either, as that's between you & Flickr.  Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear, but unless your missus is prepared to loan you a finger, you need to broach this with Flickr, I guess?  I'm also not an Apple user, so any of the vagaries of iOS13 are beyond my Ken & Barbie. :hmmm: