Glass effect on solid grey canopy

FO_Gibbo

Hello everyone,

I'm currently building a Diamond DA42 in CTC (now L3) Aviation flying school colours. I’m using the only kit I could find which is Sova’s DA42 “Dominator” drone. It’s a cracking little kit from Ukraine which actually does have an interior despite only coming with a solid grey plastic canopy. I have cut the canopy up to model how the real thing opens and show the seats/instruments but now I’m looking for:

tips and tricks on how to create a glass effect using paints and varnishes etc. Colours? Highlights? Varnish? Liquid glass?

I have seen some airbrushing techniques but I don’t own one!

Thanks in advance....

https://www.diamondaircraft.com/en/flight-school-solution/aircraft/da42/overview/

Have you considered using the solid grey plastic piece as a master for either a smash mold, a vacuum mold, or clear resin. You would then have clear windows ? There are tutorials on youtube for all three options. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

Thanks for the tips. I need to ‘stay solid’ now as I have already cut the canopy. Thorfinn...do you have a specific colour in mind? Maybe that you’ve used before?

I’m thinking a silvery light blue with perhaps some white highlights to mimic reflection?!