Amodel DH-104 Dove converted to Devon C.2

Amodel's 1/72 scale DH-104 Dove kit converted into an RAF Devon C. 2. I used the AIMS resin supercharged Gypsy Queen engines and cabin interior, although the latter is now barely visible. The Devon C.2 utilized the raised canopy of the Heron. I stole that from an old Airfix kit, widened it to fit the resculpted forward fuselage of the Amodel kit and then grafted on the rear canopy fairing sawn off an old Airfix Canberra B (I)6. Decals are from the Caracal set. It's painted with AKAN lacquers. The kit itself is typical Amodel: treat it like a vacform and you'll be fine. I'd also say the Dove kit is an improvement on Amodel's Jetstreams, which suffer in appearance from noticeably flattened cockpit canopies. The next project might be a quick 'shake'n bake' after this...

Bottom picture was taken by a young me at Binbrook in 1977.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 44

lovely build, one of my all time favourite aircraft, mainly because I used to see them land and take off at RAF Northolt as a boy, the only thing I would change, not a criticism as many modellers make the same mistake is that the C2 would have asymmetric elevators on the port side where about 14 inches was taken off the tip as this was adopted to avoid a buffeting problem.

• Like 1