Harrier T.4(N)

TEZ

This is the 1/48 Kinetic Harrier T.4(N) depicted in 899 NAS markings circa 1987. Mostly built out of the box - CBLS on the centreline, intake blanks and RBF tags being the added extras. Sprayed using MRP, weathered with oils and Gunze Gray Smoke. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by TEZ
  • Like 64

I rarely comment on completed builds but that is very nice Tez.

What technique did you use for colouring the MDCs?

Seeing your T4N makes all the work Chocks Away and I did with Kinetic to get this kit out there well worthwhile.

Cheers

Nick

Edited by NG899

1 hour ago, NG899 said:

I rarely comment on completed builds but that is very noice Tez.

What technique did you use for colouring the MDCs?

Seeing your T4N makes all the work Chocks Away and I did with Kinetic to get this kit out there well worthwhile.

Cheers

Nick

Thanks, you’ll see it on the Harrier SIG display at Telford! 😀

Used artist acrylic to paint the MDC. The advantage of using it is that you can tidy up any mistakes with the tip of a cocktail stick. 

Regards

Andrew

48 minutes ago, phildagreek said:

That's very sharp, how did it build? I had a bad and frustrating experience with a 1/48 Kinetic kit a couple of years ago and it put me off aircraft and Kinetic in particular for quite a while.

Thank you, it’s not a bad build, easier than their Mirage III, and more refined in terms of fit compared with their previous Sea Harrier FA.2. Looking forward to the GR.1 and GR.3.

• Like 1

Excellent news!  

On the MDC, after dipping in Klear I usually use enamel applied with a 000 brush, with another 000 brush to hand with some blue-coloured brush cleaner, with which I correct any errors - the brush cleaner does not attack Klear so I can usually produce a good result.  I'll admit that with the Kinetic T-birds I have yet to try and enhance the MDCs; my two to date being finished in a rush for last SMW. I now have to decide what to do with number 3 for this year's tables... MDC highlighted or not.

Decisions, decisions!

Cheers

Nick

Hello TEZ,

Excellent build. Subtle weathering does this RN AC very good.

Also a "thumbs Up"for the photographic presentation.

Regards, Orion

• 2 weeks later...